Egnater Amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater Amps?

What do you guys think? What have you heard? Reliability, etc?

I'm digging some of the tones I'm hearing in on-line videos for the Renegade and Tourmaster series. Unfortunately, no-one near me has any in stock to try out. So I'm left very curious about these.

I liked the 20 watt head when they first came out, but the price is still way too high.

Comment

I played a tourmaster at GC a while back, pretty sweet. Had it set at low wattage. Sounded good at low volume. I didn't get to crank it though but it does have some different voicing settings. Combo set up that they were selling for $800.00

Comment

The newer Egnater amps have a lot of reliability issues as per the Egnater forums. The newer amps are all made in China but still have a huge price tag and that's pissing EG fans a lot. There are many threads in this forum: http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

If any, try buying a used and tried amps instead of a brand new one.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          The newer Egnater amps have a lot of reliability issues as per the Egnater forums. The newer amps are all made in China but still have a huge price tag and that's pissing EG fans a lot. There are many threads in this forum: http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

If any, try buying a used and tried amps instead of a brand new one.
          The one i tried was in there used section. Couldn't tell how old it was but it looked new. I though the price was fairly cheap. Then again I never really paid attention to what they go for.

Comment

Cheap in GC means $499 used instead of $549 new for a Rebel 20. Fuck them, I can build my own for 1/2 that. I just need to get off my lazy ass. The problem is, the DSL100 works so well, I'm, like, "Why bother?". I'd rather just plug in and play.

Comment

My local GC got a couple of Renegades. I briefly tried this out, thought it sounded very cool. It's got kind of a hot-rodded Marshall vibe going for it. Nice clean channel, too. Didn't have much time with it, though, and I was playing with a crappy LTD. I'll have to go back and give it a longer tryout.

EB, I believe the Egnaters are actually made in Korea, not China. So some of the "reliability" issues seem to be similar interweb nonsense. Very hard to discern the real from the rumor, though.

Comment

I'd really like to get the new Egnater Armageddon, but all the reliability issues I've heard with the tourmaster series, I'd need a backup for the backup LOL

C

Comment

Working...
                X