Best distortion pedal for S/S amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best distortion pedal for S/S amp?

What distortion pedal would you guys recommend to use on the clean channel of S/S amp. Going for a good 80's metal tone .
    The Yellow and Black Attack!

I haven't tried these myself but the salespeople at my local shop have all tried them and had very good things to say about them...

This one for more British distortion...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I was able to cop some great 80's hair tones from the Way Huge Fat Sandwich.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

You want 80's tone..Get an amp from that era. My rig does that in abundance and is SS.......Seriously though.... I dont even use distortion pedals or any kind of boost.. and this is at bedroom volumes.. Just very smooth sounding distortion that If i could put one word too it.. it would be SEXY.. And once I made a footswitch for it..(lost the original 10 years ago) It gave this amp a new lease on life.

Only good pic I have is with my guitar too..I love 80's metal and this tone kills
        hmm but its not tube:think:.. Imagine that
        GEAR:
        #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
        #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
        #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
        #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
        #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
        AMPS:
        1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
        ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Metal Zone? Tube Screamer? DS-1? SD-1?

I don't think the fact that the amp is solid state has much to do with things. If it's a good sounding amp, it will sound fine with pedals. If not, you can't polish a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Metal Zone? Tube Screamer? DS-1? SD-1?

I don't think the fact that the amp is solid state has much to do with things. If it's a good sounding amp, it will sound fine with pedals. If not, you can't polish a turd.
            OHH but so many have tried

Not just the amp though.. Its everything in the signal chain.. Some guitars just sound better through some amps that others.. The same goers for speakers + Some amps dont take pedals very well
            GEAR:
            #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
            #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
            #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
            #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
            #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
            AMPS:
            1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
            ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

White Face Rat Reissue!!!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

MI Audio Crunch Box
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                X