Splawn Quickrod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn Quickrod

I'm thinking of getting a Splawn Quickrod, but haven't been able to play one yet. Who's played one? Good? Bad? I've heard some sound clips and it seems to do the 80's metal thing quite well. I just wanted to get opinions on the amp from those who've played one.

Great modded Marshall sound . Wont get the lowness of modern metal ,thats where the Nitro comes in. I had a prostock which was a quickrod with no clean,now I have a nitro if that says anything. Depends on the sound you are goin for. I recommend Splawn as he builds the amps solid and they sound really good. 80's is quickrod modern is nitro.

Comment

I have an older QR with tth shared EQ and love the amp...I don't do de-tuned crap...if I want to be low I'd play bass

great amp for 80-90's hard rock and metal.

splawn3s.JPG
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Oh man I have a bass amp?

Comment

I have a Splawn Competition which is basically a single channel version of the Quickrod, and it KILLS. You'll be very pleased. There's not anything bad, really, unless you're not looking for the best hotrodded marshall tone possible.

Comment

i really love the splawn sound, i prefer the nitro but thats me. ill be picking one up right after i finish paying off this EVH-III. heres my fav clip...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjEUJKh1-Mo

Comment

The Quickrod is a great amp...VERY loud. The lead boost that is footswitch engaged is a killer feature.

Comment

Working...
              X