Is this a good trade - Vetta for Mark V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good trade - Vetta for Mark V

I have a possible trade of my Line 6 Vetta head, Long board, Boogie Halfback and $800 cash for a Mesa Mark V combo, footswitch and RMC amp gizmo.

Only if it's worth it to you.

You're giving up a lot of versatility & flexibility, but on the flip side, you've got an amp that will probably hold a little value at the end of the day.

Comment

trade that vetta off as fast as you can and dont look back. hell, pay the guy to take if off your hands if you have to. that mark 5 will be an amp for a lifetime. the vetta is a "flavor of the week" flash in the pan amp. the kind that end up in pawnshops next to the nintendos.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

If you make the decision based on weight, the Mark V wins by a landslide!
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I wouldnt even give it a second thought . Definitly with no A .

Comment

Mark V will definitely be a better part on your end. It's almost a steal for you!

Comment

I'd do the trade myself
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Do the trade, and then run....FAST! Well, as fast as you can lugging a Mark V.

Comment

I would pass Pete. You have had a ton of amps. The Mark V is not going to be anything special to you.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    I would pass Pete. You have had a ton of amps. The Mark V is not going to be anything special to you.
                    but it would be a helluva lot better than a vetta. I mean the mark V is a real amp, its got tone and features, versatitlity. the vetta is about as exciting as a bowl of oatmeal served plain, in a room with no windows or furniture. it just got nothing going for it but hype when it came out. the smoke and mirrors faded.

Comment

I'd do the trade but you are giving up alot of gear for the Mark V. Actually what I'd probably do is sell the Vetta and footcontroller, keep the Mesa cab and add whatever money is needed over $800 to get a Mark V head. Good used Mark V's are going for around $1700. If you take away the $800 that you'd be giving in the trade then that only leaves $900. I'm sure that you can get a decent price out of the Vetta head and controller. Either way I'd get the Mark V.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                        Do the trade, and then run....FAST! Well, as fast as you can lugging a Mark V.
                        Great imagery there!

Comment

I would try to sell the Vetta and footcontroller and keep the Mesa Cab as well. I actually just traded away my Mark V for a minty 02 trans blue SL2H and a 2007 black Les Paul Studio with new alnico 5 pups and wiring. I think it was close to even on the trade. The Mesa was an awesome amp, just not what I was looking for now.
                          Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

thats good advice too. just get rid of the Vetta somehow.

Comment

Last Vetta II HD and Longboard went for about $700 on the bay. Don't know what you'd get for your Boogie cab, but with used Mark Vs going at around $1700 as stated above, you've got all the math to make your decision.

Personally, having done the Line 6 thing in the past (Vetta II), I'd definitely go with the Mark V, no matter how I had to go about getting it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X