No announcement yet.

Is this a good trade - Vetta for Mark V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried a few modeling "amps", just on the surface, and they sound fine imo But there's no need for them, imo, when you have a good marshall that nails that tone. That's the only tone I need or want.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
      I never knew that something so small could be so heavy. The amp gizmo gives me midi compatibility and works with the Recto also. It's off to build a headshell for it and cut down at least 15 pounds?
      Yeah, they're heavy sonsabitches. Mine has wheels on it and I hate carrying it up the four stairs to get into the house.

You can buy a nice headshell from MESA if you're not into making one on your own, but then again, maybe you are. I think I'm going to buy a head shell for mine one of these days and get a couple of the ported widebody 1-12" cabs to make a little mini stack.

Comment

I've owned a couple of the different Mesa 4x12's several 1x12's and 2x12's. The best sounding cab Mesa makes IMO is the 1x12 3/4 back cab. If you can get two of those, one with a V30 and the other with a Black Shadow then you'll never turn back. Those two speakers in those cabs sound fantastic.

As for the modeling amps, it's all in the context you use them for. I personally have both a modeler and a tube amp. There's some places I play, including at home, that a tube amp is just too loud. In those cases a modeler works great because they sound really good at lower volumes. If I need to get loud then I take my tube amp. It's all in what you want and what you like as well as the situation. I only have a couple hundred dollars in my modeler so it's no big deal. They can be had really cheap if you watch them and their worth keeping a decent one around the house.

Comment

I played a Vetta in the last couple days. Lots of amp there. I prefer the Flextone III to it though...believe it or not. I think if you went for the Mk V, it was a good choice. I've always wanted a Mk IV.

Comment

Working...
          X