Blackstar Amp Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar Amp Appreciation Thread

Heres a thread for you guys out there who own blackstar amps.Ive had the HT-100 w stage amp for a few months now and i love it. Not really a high gain amp but it suits me for what i do mainly playing Def Leppard,Dio, Iron maiden etc etc good ole classic rock/metal.

The clean channel on this sounds amazing , overdrive 1 channel has two voicing switches along with overdrive 2 channel. When you press the OD2 channel button in it has a scooped sound almost similar to a Randy Rhoads lead tone. The OD channells have a eq dial on the amp called a ISF which shapes your tone to either a " british" or a "USA" based overdrive tone.

The only other thing is casters dont come standard with your quad box, an added extra.

Heres a pic of mine.

Last edited by loose Cannon; 08-26-2010, 07:18 PM.
    I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Plugged into a Series One 100 and it was awesome.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

I just bought the HT-5. I have an Avatar 112W with a G12H30 in it. The little head sounds great.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
        Plugged into a Series One 100 and it was awesome.
        Looking at your collection of amps I can see why you would have like that one as its the high gain model version blackstar. Surprisingly you can play it at low volumes in the bedroom as the DPR (DYNAMIC POWER REDUCTION) dial allows you to vary the amplifier output down to 10% of its rated power without any loss in tone or valve reliability. Valve output distortion and compression at any volume which is pretty cool
        I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

I've got an HT-5 combo & love it. Very tweakable little amp & great tone for the price.

Comment

Working...
          X