Johnson Amplification JM120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Amplification JM120

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this amp?

Just picked it up today and it does a pretty good job at emulating quite a few sweet amplifiers. Will be replacing the ripped grill cloth with some new. I just need a footswitch.

Had one. Thought it was pretty darn good at the time. Mine farted out at high volumes when palm muting.

Comment

i never liked the sound of the johnson amps/j-station. having said that, i know several guys in my area that gig with those amps and get GREAT sounds. one guy uses the head and two 4x12 cabs. i think i never had luck because i tend to make the modelers try to do MY tone and johnson didn't have the right amp or speakers....

enjoy it!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Clean it. Gross.

Comment

I liked the Johnson J-station. I'm not usually a Mesa guy, but it had a really nice Mesa sim, IMO. I always dialed that up on headphones when I went to Guitar Center back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
            I liked the Johnson J-station. I'm not usually a Mesa guy, but it had a really nice Mesa sim, IMO. I always dialed that up on headphones when I went to Guitar Center back in the day.

Thats right. It did do a good Mesa Rectifier. I forgot about that. I think it had a Engl Savage in it too that was nice.

Comment

I have a J-station and can get decent tones out of that thing. Johnson is no longer around and don't support old products anymore. That amp should work out nicely for you.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

When Johnson first came out I thought they had a better sound than the Line 6 equipment. Hope it serves you well!

Comment

Working...
                X