Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have some experience with line6 mk2 heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have some experience with line6 mk2 heads?

Anyone have some experience with line6 mk2 heads?

Are they gig worthy? Any draw backs?

I spent a couple of minutes playing one a few weeks ago and was impressed with the tightness of the low end(it was running through a line 6 412vs(celestion vintage 30s)).

Thanks
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Are you talking about the SpiderValve? No idea what an MK2 is.

Comment

Yeah, that's it. Any one familiar with these?

Cheezy youtube demo vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezSjh2abPOY
      Last edited by Jayster; 09-05-2010, 03:56 PM.
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

The spider valve MK II sounds great online. I have never heard one live though. Regarding road worthy... if you take care of it.. anything is road worthy. I am sure its gig worthy. It has a Bogner designed all tube power amp section.

Comment

They're decent amps if YOU like how they sound. I had a Mk I, which was really cool to start, but the honeymoon wore off quickly.
          FWIW, I waited 4 months on back order to get the HD, and when it arrived, it was DOA. I didn't want to wait another 4 months to get another, so I got the 212 combo, which I had no issues with, although it was a bedroom amp.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            They're decent amps if YOU like how they sound. I had a Mk I, which was really cool to start, but the honeymoon wore off quickly.
            FWIW, I waited 4 months on back order to get the HD, and when it arrived, it was DOA. I didn't want to wait another 4 months to get another, so I got the 212 combo, which I had no issues with, although it was a bedroom amp.
            The only suspect thing on the Mark II that I saw at the local music store was the front plate looks to be either plastic or glass. I would certainly get a road case for it if you are going to gig regularly. I think if you knocked that amp around it might break.

Comment

Working...
            X