Distortion pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    Great tone and great player. Did you hear him play eruption? It was dead on. I don't even think Eddy could play it that good.
    Great player for sure. His playing really showcases that pedal. His playing of Drop dead legs toward the end gave me the chills!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Crunchbox!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Have you tried the digitech hardwire tube overdrive? It's a very versatile pedal. I picked one up at a GC sale a little while ago and have been very happy with it. It's more similar to the tube screamer and ocd then the ds1 but a little more flexible.

Comment

I checked out, or should i say searched on youtube the Wampler Super Plexstortion and was really impressed as well. I felt that it could do everything that the Pennicle could do but more.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I ended up buying a Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion. To my ears it has many of the tonal qualities of the Fulltone OCD and a Keeley modded DS-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
              I checked out, or should i say searched on youtube the Wampler Super Plexstortion and was really impressed as well. I felt that it could do everything that the Pennicle could do but more.
              That Wampler is outstanding. Way too pricey for me. I couldn't step on it and spill beer all over something that expensive.

Comment

Well... the DS-2 isn't going to cut it. It doesn't have enough gain. It does have a nice tone though for vintage rock rhythm guitar but not enough gain for soloing. Close though. If it only had 15% more gain it would just about be perfect. I need to buy a new pedal tomorrow for this jam session I am going to on Friday night.

Comment

you are a bit of an old school guy like me....why not go for an MXR distortion + or distortion III? i use the MXR classic distortion into the clean channel of either my rivera or my fender, and it is perfect. with a strat, i sound like ritchie blackmoore. with a humbucker equipped guitar, i sound like old iron maiden.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    Well... the DS-2 isn't going to cut it. It doesn't have enough gain. It does have a nice tone though for vintage rock rhythm guitar but not enough gain for soloing. Close though. If it only had 15% more gain it would just about be perfect. I need to buy a new pedal tomorrow for this jam session I am going to on Friday night.
                    Seriously, give the Fat Sandwich a look over. Price is reasonable and tone is good.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

Also can't say enough good things about the Whiteface Rat Reissue - killer sounding pedal.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

This one sounds good too!!!

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                        X