Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mark V is irritating me... Snap, crackle, pop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is funny...

There's a really good amp guy in Indy, does lots of pro work, authorized repair center for Mesa + a bunch of others. I just talked to him, and said I was getting a lot of RF interference and without batting an eye he says "Do you live on the East Side near (intersection about a block or two from me) by any chance?"

He said he's been getting calls from people in my area for 20 years, there's a radio station transmitter near my house; He said he'd be happy to take a look anyway... But it's extremely likely it's nothing wrong with the amp.

Comment

That's funny.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Google building an EMP
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think I will get a few gallons of Stewmac shielding paint and go to town...

Comment

Jesus, are they using a spark gap transmitter? Can't you report them to the FCC or something?
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Maybe I could just go over there and saw two legs off the antenna... :think:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  This is funny...

There's a really good amp guy in Indy, does lots of pro work, authorized repair center for Mesa + a bunch of others. I just talked to him, and said I was getting a lot of RF interference and without batting an eye he says "Do you live on the East Side near (intersection about a block or two from me) by any chance?"

He said he's been getting calls from people in my area for 20 years, there's a radio station transmitter near my house; He said he'd be happy to take a look anyway... But it's extremely likely it's nothing wrong with the amp.
                  Wow. I think that just made my day.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                  X