Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultimate hi gain guitar room setup

Hi everybody,
    It's been some time that I haven't posted here. So I am planning to reorganize my guitar room. I already have a tube amp (Carvin vintage 16) which I use for Blues and Rock stuff with my OD/Dist pedal (Xotic BB Plus and Suhr Riot) Now I want a hi-gain amp. I dont wanna buy a higain distortion pedal coz for me it doesnt sound like a high gain amp even if I buy the most expensive ones. So I have to decide between 3 choices:
    Vetta 2
    VOX VT 50 (the new ones)
    and Digidesign 11R

But I have concerns about each of these amps.
    -For vetta I dont know if I can get good tones at bedroom volumes
    -For VT50 I heard that it has reliability issues. (and it has the least convincing sound among the 3 amps)
    -For 11R I know that it is the best sounding one. But I want to use a footcontroller and I am really stupid when it comes to midi stuff. I am sure that I wont be able to program a midi foot controller.

So what do u think? Any other suggestions are welcome of course.

I've heard people on this for rave about the Vetta 2.

I have a VT15. No issue, but I hardly use it any more.

Never heard of the 11R.

Get a Boss MT-2 and be done with it

Comment

fuck the vt50. I have one the volumes jumps switching channels, it's been in the shop right after I bought it and it's not highgain.
      The volume jumping is a known issue that's not an warranty issue.

Comment

Get the Vetta - sounds good at any volumes, super flexible and has every FX you will ever need, minus harmonizer.

Comment

Id go Engl for your needs. No stomp box needed and good at low volume.

Comment

11R can do high gain metal but it's not really it's bread and butter. From what I've heard, for modellers I think the Axe-fx has the advantage there. (Disadvantage $$$$ of course.)

If you want to record on your PC though and the best choice of the 3 you mentioned is the 11R, plus the mic interface built in will let you record your tube amp easily too.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth79 View Post
              -For vetta I dont know if I can get good tones at bedroom volumes
              This is actually where the Vetta shines. I have a Vetta II HD that I run across two Vetta 4x12 cabs in my music room, one on each side. The sound is glorious. I almost always run the "two amps at once" feature. Add a little panned delay and it's like I'm in a cathedral.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                Get the Vetta - sounds good at any volumes, super flexible and has every FX you will ever need, minus harmonizer.
                Actually, it has harmonizing, just not good harmonizing. That's the only effect I find to be weak on the Vetta.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

ENGLs are the way to go.

Powerball, Savage or Invader.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

I may get flamed for saying this but all those amp options suck in the OP.

Engl does make good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                      I may get flamed for saying this but all those amp options suck in the OP.

Engl does make good stuff.
                      Yes.

Make sure if you get an ENGL you get the EL34-loaded amps though. ENGL's 6L6 amps are infamous for not cutting very well. Plus, if you're doing de-tuned metal, you don't want to crank your bass up because that adds flub. Look at the settings on my Invader when I am playing Drop B stuff and my bass is rolled way back. Becomes much tighter.
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

Guys thanks a lot for the help. So apparently there is a clear NO for the VOX VT. About ENGLs apparently they sound good at low volumes but here in Turkey they are pretty expensive (more than I can pay) So now I'm leaning towards VEtta 2. Will decide soon. So keep on discussing please
                        Last edited by Megadeth79; 09-17-2010, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Line6 Vetta II sucks.

Its a good "I have been playing for a year and am consdering getting something better than a practice amp" type of amp.

Comment

wow is it that bad? Now I am confused.

Comment

Dont get the Vetta. I used to have one and after while you'll be dissapointed with the sounds coming from the amp. You will be better off saving more money and getting an Axe FX Ultra in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X