AVT Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVT Marshall

Found one today for silly cheap (yeah it works fine).
    Whats your opinions on these?
    This is a very very clean 2007 FWIW.
    I have one 4X12 cab with V30's and a 1960 slant cab with 75's.
    Will try it on my Jackson 4X12 cab with the 50 watters too.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I've had the AVT20 and now the AVT150 combo and loved both. For the money they cost you really can't go wrong.
    Get it!

BTW there's a few threads about them in the past few weeks on here.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I spent some time dialing it in on my 1960 Marshall cab and its a great sounding amp for what it is.
      Had the pre amp tube checked and it was OK but one side was a bit weak so I installed a new Sovtek 12ax7 and it did help a little.
      Cleans are real nice all Marshall sounding.The dirt is pretty good too for a SS amp, lots of room to tweak with all the setting in the FX area.
      I love the acoustic sim on it too.
      Didn't sound all that great thru my Jackson cab but the Marshall cab yeah it sounds great.I see AVT cabs for sale all the time so maybe get one just to complete the set
      Last edited by straycat; 09-26-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Suprized you put a Sovtek in there! I stay as far from those as I can.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Russian tube IMO.What do you think JJ's are?

Comment

Oh boy.... get the map out!

Slovakia is not Russia.

And as for the tubes, I have never had any luck with Sovtek tubes. I don't like the sound, I don't like the price and I don't like the reliability.

Comment

Well yeah being of Slovak heritage I know where the two countries are smart ass.
              Get real OK its just a pre-amp tube in a SS amp not all that critical.
              Last edited by straycat; 09-28-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I've got the AVT150 head and it sounds good through my Kustom Q4x12,celestion Super 65's.But I hope to get a Marshall 1960 4x12.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Well yeah being of Slovak heritage I know where the two countries are smart ass.
                  Get real OK its just a pre-amp tube in a SS amp not all that critical.
                  So if your of Slovak descent, why state the JJ's are from Russia? And then go on to call me a smart ass? I may be a smart asre, but I'd rather that than a dumbass! By the way, that is a sarcastic joke. Us Brits are known for it

I don't know enough about the AVT head to be able to say what effect a preamp tube has, but since on most amps it's the preamp that shapes the sound I revert to my last... I don't like the sound Sovtek tubes make.

That of course is just my opinion, you may love the sound they make and more power to you.

I have played on a few of these amps over the years and I am always suprized by how good they sound for the price. Although they seem to lack the high volume balls you get with the bigger all valve amps. I am sure you will find a great use for it either in a studio or live through a PA.

Comment

Working...
                  X