Matching AMP and Cabinet question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devreaux View Post
    is there any page with for example celestion and vintage 30?
    Celestion makes the Vintage 30. Perhaps you meant the G12T-75? Those are the two "standard" rock/metal Celestion guitar speakers. Unfortunately, Celestion doesn't offer sound clips in such a controlled setting. They do have a "tone selector" on their website with clips. In general, the V30 has an upper midrange boost while the G12T is a more low-mid boost.

Most modern metal bands use V30s, while most classic rock/metal bands use G12T.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      Celestion makes the Vintage 30. Perhaps you meant the G12T-75? Those are the two "standard" rock/metal Celestion guitar speakers. Unfortunately, Celestion doesn't offer sound clips in such a controlled setting. They do have a "tone selector" on their website with clips. In general, the V30 has an upper midrange boost while the G12T is a more low-mid boost.

Most modern metal bands use V30s, while most classic rock/metal bands use G12T.
      i see, thanks mate

Comment

Just to add to what Spiv said, if you're looking for a speaker for modern metal with a somewhat scooped response, and ultra tight bottom end, your best bet is the Celestion G12K100 or its older counterpart, the G12K85. You can even mix speakers to really fine tune the response you're looking for.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
          Just to add to what Spiv said, if you're looking for a speaker for modern metal with a somewhat scooped response, and ultra tight bottom end, your best bet is the Celestion G12K100 or its older counterpart, the G12K85. You can even mix speakers to really fine tune the response you're looking for.
          Agreed. I use a 4x12 loaded with the G12K-85 and it is very nice for metal.
          Scott

Comment

Agreed. I use a 4x12 loaded with the G12K-85 and it is very nice for metal.
            Hey Spiv, is it by any chance an old Peavey Butcher/VTM cab? I'm a huge fan of those cabs, and I seem to remember someone else here having one. I have 2 at the moment. One of them I've had for years. I got it around 20 years ago with a Butcher head. It's a little battle scarred, but still solid as a rock. The other one, I bought last year and it's in mint condition.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              Hey Spiv, is it by any chance an old Peavey Butcher/VTM cab? I'm a huge fan of those cabs, and I seem to remember someone else here having one. I have 2 at the moment. One of them I've had for years. I got it around 20 years ago with a Butcher head. It's a little battle scarred, but still solid as a rock. The other one, I bought last year and it's in mint condition.
              Yep. I picked one up used at Guitar Center about a year ago for $200. It's pretty beat-up, but it sounds great.
              Scott

Comment

Yep. I picked one up used at Guitar Center about a year ago for $200. It's pretty beat-up, but it sounds great.
                It's a good thing they have such ridiculously heavy duty Tolex on them. I hate to imagine how my old one would look if it had regular Marshall style Tolex on it.

Comment

Working...
                X