Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Custom Rack Case - Rig is finally done!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Custom Rack Case - Rig is finally done!!!!

Over the last little while, I had been struggling with the aesthetics of my rack rig. Mostly, my beat up old case wasn't cutting it, so I had decided I was going to try something new. A little bit ago, I stumbled across an old jcf thread that Zeegler had made about a custom head shell he had made for an amp. I got in touch with him and asked him if he would be willing to make me a head shell that would house a 4U rack for my gear. I love my rack gear, but I love the look of a head on top of a cabinet, so after seeing some good examples online, I thought I'd give it a try too. After TONS of back and forth emails and finalizing all of the dimensions and materials, my custom rack case was under way! Well, fast forward to this week...it finally arrived in the mail! I've attached some pics of it. The quality and craftsmanship is incredible. Paul was incredibly honest, patient, and easy to work with. He went above and beyond, and kept me constantly updated throughout the whole process (even the whole ordeal of finding a big enough box to ship the thing to me!). So if anyone ever deals with him, don't hesitate! Hopefully the pics speak for themselves!

NOW...THE PICS!!

Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 10-01-2010, 06:48 AM.

That's really awesome!
    I like EL34s.

Comment

In response Damian, I'd like to say that it has been a thorough pleasure dealing with you. You have been more than patient, and a complete gentleman through the whole process. I very much enjoyed building it for you, and I'm super stoked that you're so happy with it. Your rig looks awesome by the way!!

Cheers

P.S. How deep are those Mesa 2X12s? I notice the head is flush with the front of the cabs. Does it stick out the back?
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Very cool set up and nice work Zeegs!

Comment

It looks killer. As an aside though, shouldn't the power amp go on top since it is likely the hottest component?
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The head sticks out of the back by a couple inches, but since it's recessed I can pull it forward by another inch so it would just stick out one inch on each side or so. The power conditioner is the hottest component but it doesn't get overly hot-I've never had a problem with it in any of the other cases I've had it in. All of the sides of the unit are completely open so there's tons of ventilation room for it now.

Comment

Zeegler, you should set up a shop. That is awesome work and if I ever went Rack this would be what I would want.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

thats pretty fuckin awesome

Comment

Very nice job. That looks 100 times better than any of the rack cases out there. Great idea and design - might want to patent it.

Comment

Very cool, very marketable idea.
                    "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                    Zakk Wylde

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                      Very nice job. That looks 100 times better than any of the rack cases out there. Great idea and design - might want to patent it.
                      Well, to be fair, it certainly wasn't my idea to begin with. Damian found a pic online, and this was based largely off that. I agree that it looks much nicer than a rack case, and looks much better sitting on the cabs.

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                      Zeegler, you should set up a shop. That is awesome work and if I ever went Rack this would be what I would want.
                      I'm not sure I would want to make this a full time endeavor, as that would take the fun out of it, but I am definitely open to building pretty much any custom head shell or speaker cabinet that anyone might want. I'm currently building a new head shell for my Rhino Beast, and a 5150 head shell in snake skin Tolex. The 5150 shell will be for sale, so keep an eye out.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

That looks great Zeegs! Nice job.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

that is really awesome!! the talent on this board never ceases to amaze me!!
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It would be neat to have the controls for the rack at the back and perhaps a logo on the front so that it looked like a real head. I have no idea where heat dissapation fits into this but im sure something will be thought of.
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

Wow very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X