Pup recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup recommendation

Any thoughts on a pup for a Fusion Pro? I have a JB in one and EMGs in another...I have the stock pup for the 3rd but swapped it out with a Super Distortion....good grief, it's like an ice pick! I assumed all the Fusion Pros were BW...this is a trans finished one so sure, it's got a maple veneer, but it is ungodly bright with the SD, to the point that I'd almost think the body was pure maple.

So I got the JB covered, EMG's too. Thoughts?

Try a Super 3 or Duncan Custom.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

If you want a pickup that's got guts, go for an Invader. The Low-Mid range on the Super Distortion is poor. JMO.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It's wierd that the Super D specs (on the DiMarzio page) seem to be bottom heavy.

I totally totally love my Fusion PRO with the J50B ( or BC?).

My other Fusion (PRO neck and red Fusion Deluxe body) has an EMG-81 and an EMG-S in the slant neck wired for 18v. Not bad, but not as good as the OEM.

My last Fusion is a stock Fusion Deluxe. The J90C is impressive, as is the J200R rail neck.

You know, the Full Shred was supposedly designed for short scale guitars. In my 750XL, it's very full, not ice picky like you'd think. But the XL is a string thru with a huge slab of mahogany. I have a full shred neck and a super 5 way switch. Easily my most verastile guitar, great strat and LP like tones.

Comment

What body wood is the Fusion Pro?
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
            What body wood is the Fusion Pro?
            Basswood I believe.

Comment

Try the Dimarzio Steve's Special.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                It's wierd that the Super D specs (on the DiMarzio page) seem to be bottom heavy.
                I have two WR1's with this pup in the bridge. The low-mid range is the opposite of pronounced.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                You know, the Full Shred was supposedly designed for short scale guitars. In my 750XL, it's very full, not ice picky like you'd think. But the XL is a string thru with a huge slab of mahogany. I have a full shred neck and a super 5 way switch. Easily my most verastile guitar, great strat and LP like tones.
                I still have a Full Shred I took out of the neck from a WR1. Perhaps putting that in the bridge of my Warrior Pro is a good idea?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  I still have a Full Shred I took out of the neck from a WR1. Perhaps putting that in the bridge of my Warrior Pro is a good idea?
                  Which full shred do you have? the neck or bridge model?

Comment

I had a FS in the bridge of a Model 4 for a while and liked it. I also had a 59, a JB, and a Holdsworth pu in it, and liked the FS the best of all.

Comment

Thanks guys- Think I'll give the Custom a shot. Wilkinsi, I want to try an invader but something about the way it looks gives me the heebie jeebies. Reminds me of a wasp nest or something. Weird, I know but it really does bother me.

Comment

I don't have a Custom, but it seems to be a popular choice around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                          Thanks guys- Think I'll give the Custom a shot. Wilkinsi, I want to try an invader but something about the way it looks gives me the heebie jeebies. Reminds me of a wasp nest or something. Weird, I know but it really does bother me.
                          I would not dismiss the Steve's Special in Basswood. It is a really nice pup.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

Maybe a DiMarzio X2N? no wasp nest lol

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                              Maybe a DiMarzio X2N? no wasp nest lol
                              Holy output batman!
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                              X