Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you lost that outer wheel on your G major eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you lost that outer wheel on your G major eh?

I bought one that was missing one. i didnt wanna use the same ring and move it back and forth to make adjustments and everyone knows its tough to get to so heres my solution. i used a blue cap so you could really see how it looks, but if you use a black cap it will look decent and hold better than the original.

see what it is? basically i took a liter soda cap(dont know if theres a size difference in that and a 20oz but whatever) used a soldering iron to mark the cap with a guide so ginzu would cut the top flat clean off. take the cut open side and place it on as you would the ring. gives nice clearance from inner to outer and even easier to grab either. didnt really cost anything but time cause i drink stuff all day.

yeah its ghetto but if you care more about it working than it being pretty you should be good. dont know if anyone else already did this but thought i'd share.

whats one do anyways?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I like it! Git 'er done!

Comment

jwl- you mean whats the outer wheel do or the gmajor?

guess i'll answer both. with this. http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-Major.asp
        its an awesome multifx unit with relays for amp channel switching. the outer wheel just scrolls thru info.

Comment

Nice. You're like MacGyver!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks joe. yeah i just pulled off the one it came with and now its got two black caps. being its so hard to find a ring i bet i'll get $50 off of ebay. lol. nah probably more like 5 bucks ha ha.

Comment

Was it diet soda or regular?

Comment

how are you with aircon installation?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

ha ha it was actually a lemon tea with some kind of alien on it.

whats aircon installation?

oh and to anyone who's gonna do this, please put the cap halfway onto the bottle while cutting it. dont be an idiot and try to hold the cap and cut your finger off. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X