small tube combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small tube combo

Looking for a 1 x 12 tube combo. Something like a Carvin Belair or an XV112 or a Crate Vintage Club series. Just straight up rock tones. Doesn't even need to be channel switching. I am going to use a DS-2 for gain.
    Anything interesting out there I don't know about. I would like to stay under 50 watts. 15-30 would be nice.
    I would also like the amp to have reverb if possible.
    Any suggestions?

John,

You've been on a relic kick with transistor amps. Try it again with tubes. Gibson, Kalamazoo, etc.

Of course the Blues Jr falls into your requirements as well.

Comment

http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=2230200000

?

Looks like it suits your needs perfectly.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Marshall Class 5 if you go really small.

I just checked out a Bugera (bOOOOOOO) 22 and it had some pretty happening tones for $300. Also the Jet City is pretty cool.

Obviously - those are low cost solutions.

Up at $1000 you've got some Oranges and some Mesa's - the Express is a very cool amp series - 25 & 50 watt versions and they've got 4 channels for you to fuck around with. Higher you can get a Stilleto Ace combo in 1x12.

Used Marshalls, obviously.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Rivera Venus 3?

Comment

It's not a combo, but I'm playing a Mesa Boogie Trans Atlantic lunchbox amp through a 1x12 Thiele cab. Small, compact, low wattage, and killer! No reverb, though. It takes pedals quite well.

Comment

Yeah I like that Transatlantic -very cool. I'm just not sure what it offers over the Express.
              Blank yo!

Comment

I've tried a Marshall JMD-1 amp. Loved it. The in-built FX are very limited, but I'd just add some outboard FX to it's loop.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Anothe low watt favorite of mine is the Laney AOR Series. I have a 50 (very heavy), but the 30 is what I'd like to get. The come with a sealed 1x12 so you still get that sealed cab boom.

Comment

Fender Deluxe Reverb RI is a badass low-watt amp - no master though, so you have to crank it to get some happenin' grit. Same with the small Princeton Chorus - very cool RI - great tones and a little bit easier to break up.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

i am looking for something similar, and have totally fallen in love with the VOX night train. it's not a combo, but for rock tones i have heard nothing better. it just has this raw rock tone that i have never been able to get with ANY of the amps i have (or have had). think guns-n-roses "appetite for destruction" with the gain 3/4 of the way up. you should check one out!!
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

or maybe the Marshall Haze 40.
                        Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 10-07-2010, 12:23 PM.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

All tube, Celestion Vintage 30 12", 25/50 watt operation. Comes with 5881 (6L6) can run EL34 with rebiasing. Serial and parallel loops.

Only negative it's it's pretty heavy.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It doesn't stay clean, but I like the sound from my Vox AC4TV head. It also comes in 1x8 combo.
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

All tube, Celestion Vintage 30 12", 25/50 watt operation. Comes with 5881 (6L6) can run EL34 with rebiasing. Serial and parallel loops.

Only negative it's it's pretty heavy.
                              Those Traynor's are nice amps, I've had a chance to play them a couple times.

Comment

Working...
                              X