X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod hd500

Anybody tried one of these yet?
    Any thoughts?

I'm looking into getting one if they are as good as they promise. I cant stretch to an AXE FX yet (way too expensive) and want something that does a good job of high definition sound for recording (and live I suppose) at a reasonable price.
    This could be it.
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

I'm interested as well, but I think first units where shipped to customers yesterday around here. Still holding out for some reviews and samples from people who know what they're doing (especially concerning the high gain models).
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Holding out for the next generation of "the bean."
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

The rumors on the line 6 forums are the bean format won't be going forward and was replaced with the plugin family of products. Hopefully that means we will see a Pod Farm HD soon.

I've already read the manual for the HD500 and they have made it a ton more flexible then the X3 series and it sounds like it's way more powerful than the M effect series. 8 effect blocks that can be any effect in any order plus 2 amp blocks. I think the m13 can do 4 effects at once. The buttons on the board can be set for 4 to switch presets and 4 to turn on/off any effect block or all 8 can turn on/off any effect block. When used to turn blocks on/off one switch can turn on/off multiple blocks at once. I haven't had the chance to actually use one yet but if it really does have much improved sound and all the stuff in the manual works it looks like it's going to be a very nice unit. I can't wait to try it. Right now I'm using pod farm 2 with all the plugins and have sold all my line6 hardware devices but I might pick this one up.

Comment

I'm probably going to put the HD400 through it's paces tomorrow.
          I'll report back if I get a chance.

Comment

Cool Mazrim. Keep us posted!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I've read the manuals for the HD500 and HD400 so far.
              Still can't believe they built a board with 12 footswitches (HD500) and let you only use 4 of them to directly select presets. Ever since I replaced my GT5 with the GT10 I missed the 5th patch button, and I was exclaiming in delight when I saw that the HD500 had eight switches labeled FS1-FS8.

Right now I'm leaning towards the HD400 (because of effects loop and bank buttons compared to the HD300). From the features of the HD500, right now only the dual amp function is even mildly interesting to me.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Any thoughts?
                Ten pounds of suck in a five pound bag.
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I didn't get a chance to go today but will a.s.a.p.

petedz, you've played one?

Comment

I never liked Line6 stuff and sadly, I'm not impressed with what I've already seen and heard from demo's of the HD series. I once owned an X3Live and found it fiddly as fuck.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                      petedz, you've played one?
                      In fairness, no. I based my comment on a thorough reading of the manual, internet clips, and considerable experience as an owner of Line6's former flagship amp, the Vetta 2. In other words, my assessment isn't based on hands on experience--but it's not a throwaway comment either.
                      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I think their stuff is pretty good once you tweak it right. For the price, anyway.

Comment

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Nice!

A guy who's in love with his teddy bear came up with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z__yOcQOPXU

A pretty good sound quality if completely over the top. It shows what can can be done.
                            This is direct into a PC/DAW by the way. Which is exactly what I want to do.

Comment

Looking at the HD400 myself
                              Charvel CST 060 1992
                              Charvel CST 070 1992
                              Charvel CDS 090 1993
                              Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                              Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                              Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                              Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                              Duesenberg 49er 2012
                              Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                              Duesenberg Starcaster 2006