No announcement yet.

Pod hd500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read on one of thier forums that it is capable of running 4 cable method. I want to know from those who have read the manuals if the amp models can be turned off and just run effects. I have a Lee Jackson XLS-1000 head, and don't need the models since my tone is so versatile. What ya know?

I currently have a GT-8 4CM on an Ampeg reverbarocket R212R combo. And a TC Electronics Nova System on my Lee Jackson.
    I am considering an upgrade from my GT-8. I want to run 4CM on my Lee Jackson and use my TC for other rigs I have. The GT-8 just limits that amp a bit.
    Last edited by holycross1; 10-29-2010, 02:16 PM.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
      I have read on one of thier forums that it is capable of running 4 cable method. I want to know from those who have read the manuals if the amp models can be turned off and just run effects.
      According to what I've been told. Yes, you can turn them off.

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
      I currently have a GT-8 4CM on an Ampeg reverbarocket R212R combo. And a TC Electronics Nova System on my Lee Jackson.
      I am considering an upgrade from my GT-8. I want to run 4CM on my Lee Jackson and use my TC for other rigs I have. The GT-8 just limits that amp a bit.
      Same here, Happy GT8 user for the last 4 years and also thinking upgrading to have better FX. 2 things that break me from getting rid of it: amp control feature and programmable harmonizer (you can create your own note harmonies with the GT8).

BTW, holycross, I'd be curious to share some GT8 4CM patches with you.
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The HD500 is very nice. It's a good improvement over the X3. It's not in the same league as the Axe-FX for me but I'm enjoying it and it's going to make a fine backup and/or grab 'n go rig.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I bought an HD 300 this weekend. I've just been running it through monitors for the time being, and I'm fairly impressed so far. It doesn't necessarily have the amp models I would have chosen, but certainly workable. The sound is impressive for a sub-$400 processor. Lots and lots of options with this thing, but not overwhelming. My basic setup pretty much comes down to the amp, and then add some delay, chorus when needed, maybe some reverb, and an OD/boost if it's a lower gain amp model. This unit is perfect for that. Since I'm sitting around with a dicked-up ankle, it looks like I'll have time to start playing a little more again.

I had been using the Axe-Fx through the same setup - powered monitors. I wasn't happy for a couple reasons - the sound through monitors versus a power amp/cab setup, and the tweakability from the front. It's simply a pain. The Axe was way too involved. I like knobs. Period.

I ended up selling my Axe - I know I'll regret it to a certain degree, but there's something to be said for making gear usable for someone who doesn't want to sit and endlessly tweak. At the end of the day, I think I'll be happier. I sold it, bought the HD 300 and a Flextone III, and still put almost $600 in the bank, which I'll probably need, as it sounds like I'm going to need my ankle re-built.

Comment

I bought the HD400 and a set of Powered monitors. I am old school I like touching real pedals, phaser, chorus, Od, you know. everything is in this and displayed via digital display on top of unit. I plugged it in and went thru several of the patches. Sound good, Yes. There are some that I will never use, Paradoxical Rain or some nonsense. I am debating buying a stereo pwr amp and 2x12 cab and trying it that way. I know that it is editable very deep into more than what I am just getting into now. I sounds promising, at least to my ears.
            http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

BUMP!

Thinking of pulling the trigger and grabbing one. I have a Vetta Combo and LOVE it for direct recording. Can't trust the Line6 boards.. CAN trust the JCF crew! LOL

I don't have a local shop that has a HD product for me to try. If I grab one I'll always have the 45 days to check it out.. just looking for some input from JCF on these... exp since they have release another firmware since the thread was started.

Comment

Working...
              X