Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line 6 X2 XDS-95 Stompbox Digital Wireless System - anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 X2 XDS-95 Stompbox Digital Wireless System - anyone?

Anyone here uses one of those Line 6 X2 XDS95 wireless???

As Line6 released the new "Relay" serie, these can be bought for 130$ brand new at a few online store.

I'd like comments from real users if there is any here. If you do own one, please jump in!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

I have the one without the antenna - not sure if it is the same as the one that you listed. It works fine if you're not running on and off the stage. As long as you the receiver is on the same plane or lower than the transmitter, you're fine. If you're stage is 5 feet off the ground and you go into the audience, you may get drop outs. Otherwise, sound quality is great.

Comment

Yep, my band uses them. Two guitar players and a bass player. We have not had a problem with them outside of the cables. The cables that come with them are cheap. I ended up getting upgraded cables from Lava Cable. I have not experienced the dropouts that lhrocker describes. Lately mine has been up higher as I am using and Axe Fx and it was mounted to the backside of my rack. I used to have it mounted on my pedalboard. I use two transmitters and easily switch between two guitars. Great units. The relays are suppose to be even better. This is the first wireless that I thought was usable outside of very high end systems.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thanks guys. After doing some research, the cables seem a common issue among users. I'm very tempted going with the XDS95 as right now, they're almost a third of the price of the new G30... Decision...
        JB aka BenoA

Comment

another user here. I've had no problems with mine. Occasionally I'll take a walk during soundcheck to test the range (and see how the bands sounds out front), but under normal gig conditions I've had no dropouts. Mine sits on my board & is plugged into the power supply.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Is that true that the belt pack transmitter eats batteries? Like, you get around only 4 hours of transmission?
            JB aka BenoA

Comment

BenoA,

I know that is the case with the new Relay series but, that thing is a completely different beast. The thing eats batteries in the hi power setting.

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                Is that true that the belt pack transmitter eats batteries? Like, you get around only 4 hours of transmission?
                That's about right.

Comment

Thanks guys. If you had the choice. No money issues between the 2, would you pick the newer G30 over the older model?
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

I probably get twice that. We usually play 4 hours a night and I'll get a couple of gigs out of a battery.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      I probably get twice that. We usually play 4 hours a night and I'll get a couple of gigs out of a battery.
                      Well, you're not rocking hard enough, Gary!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I bought one last year. I wasn't as impressed with the range as much as I thought I would be, based on the reviews out there, but the clarity is really good.
                        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Thanks guys. If you had the choice. No money issues between the 2, would you pick the newer G30 over the older model?
                          If I was choosing between the two I probably would save the money and stick with the XDS. If money wasn't an object at all then I would go with the G50, or G90.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                            I bought one last year. I wasn't as impressed with the range as much as I thought I would be, based on the reviews out there, but the clarity is really good.
                            What model did you get? The XDS95? By "range" what do you mean? I'm not playing stadium like stage and I'm looking for a cheap way to avoid my singer tripping on my guitar cable
                            JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                            X