guitar rig / kontrol elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar rig / kontrol elements

I've been playing around with software modelers again lately - trying out demos and such. I have pod farm 2 and it's nice but I have never been able to get clean or bass tones that I'm happy with so pretty much use it only for high gain, effects, and preamp modeling. I like the clean and bass tones from Guitar Rig but not the high gain stuff so kept looking for one package that had it all.

However, in doing my demoing I found a NI bundle Kontrol Elements that is usually $99 that also includes Guitar Rig Elements which is also usually $99 as well as 3 or 4 pianos, a drum kit, and a bunch of orchestral instruments. There are also some sound effects and synths but I haven't played with those yet. It basically has smaller versions of the 4 big NI apps with smaller sets of samples/instruments. The full Guitar Rig is $199. The Elements also has a $60 voucher for the NI online store and the Rammfire package is $59. That package is what did it for me as the high gain stuff in that package is far better then the stock models in Guitar Rig in my opinion. For those of you that get guitar center spam they have a $20 off a $99 or larger purchase this week so I got the Elements package for $79 and used the voucher to get the Rammfire addon for free. It's a lot of stuff for $80 so thought I would pass the info along to the forum.

Guitar Rig seems to be easier to use them Pod Farm and has a few features that Pod Farm doesn't have or I don't know about. The crossover effect has been nice for making a multiband compressor and putting it before a chorus so as not to soften the lowend.
Working...
X