6505+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grim View Post
    I couldn't get into it... Doesn't provide enough gain for me... And I'm not that much of a gainiac (IGNORE MY AMP LIST )
    Ive modified my 900, it has about 95% the gain the TSL has, but it still retains the JCM 900 EQ characteristics, with one exception, I replaced the coupling caps on the phase inverter going to the power section. It passes more sub bass to the power section now.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      Ive modified my 900, it has about 95% the gain the TSL has, but it still retains the JCM 900 EQ characteristics, with one exception, I replaced the coupling caps on the phase inverter going to the power section. It passes more sub bass to the power section now.
      Just get a Dual Rectifier and put EL34s in it. On the lead channel on vintage or raw gives an awesome Marshall tone I found.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Sorry to revive that old thread. Have you made the move Twitch?

I used to own a 5150-II, back then, I traded it for a Marshall DSL50... At that time, I wished I could have had both!Years have passed and a few weeks back, I bought a brand new 6505 (not the +).

My 6505 sounds better as I cranck it! 1.5-2 for a 6505 is already loud! I play mine at around 3-3.5 with my band.

Compared to my Marshall DSL, the Peavey is a one trick pony but it screams! I like having all that gain without using any pedal or boost (my amp gain is set not more than 4). And the more I'm playing with it, the more I'm discovering the crunch channel (the green one).

My bands play in standard (half step down) and dropD. 6505 fits the bill. What cab do you plan using with it? I have a regular Marshall 4x12 with the the GT12-75 and a full stack of Peavey TripleX cabs. It sounds good with both but I prefer the TripleX cab.

IF you want to have a listen, there is a couple of clips of my old 5150II and my Marshall cab on my soundclick page. Just look for the 5150II pic beside the clips name on the music page (see sig for link).

And I've got a video of my band's last gig here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixHskCTvz8I (Not my best playing on that night ) but it will give ya an idea of the sound with the TripleX cabs.

Shout if you have any more question.
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Nah, I picked up a couple Randalls since this thread. Ive always liked Randalls tone, the trick with them is you have to get the higher wattage models to keep the tone at higher volumes. I got a RH200SC and a V2. So now Ive got 3 Randalls and the one 900 (which is for sale now to pay for the V2). The Titan is very similar to the 900 tone wise, the RH200 is pure Randall, not really similar to anything tone wise other than the other RH/RG series amps and the V2 (the tube channel) so far seems along the lines of (and heres where Ill get flamed) ENGL, Mesa AND Randall. You can do a lot with an multiband EQ. Not saying sell your ENGL or Mesa and buy a Randall, but I like it a lot so far. Im gonna call up a friend of mine tonight or tomorrow and have him bring his Power Ball over and A/B it with the V2. He has an ENGL but also uses a Line6 HD147. Hes like me, hell go tube or SS as long as the tone suits him.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/112...well-yesterday...)
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Hes like me, hell go tube or SS as long as the tone suits him.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/112...well-yesterday...)
            I'm like ya too!!! I picked up the 6505 as it was cheap and sounded like the sound I was looking for. I really liked the Engl Fireball I had tried but could not justify the 700$ difference they had at the store between the 2 models. I may eventualy get that Engl E530 preamp if I can manage to try it out first. We only have one store that holds Engl here.

Same for Randall, I've never played one as you don't see them much here. I'll go lurk at your other thread. Thanks for sharing.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
              I'm like ya too!!! I picked up the 6505 as it was cheap and sounded like the sound I was looking for. I really liked the Engl Fireball I had tried but could not justify the 700$ difference they had at the store between the 2 models. I may eventualy get that Engl E530 preamp if I can manage to try it out first. We only have one store that holds Engl here.

Same for Randall, I've never played one as you don't see them much here. I'll go lurk at your other thread. Thanks for sharing.
              I'm a total ENGL fanboy and even I can't justify the Fireball's price. It has a fantastic low-mid grind, and unlike the 6505, nice cleans, but for 500$ more you can get the Powerball...
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
              X