Vht 50st head - omg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vht 50st head - omg!

I own a Framus Cobra and a Marshall 1987.

Was in Chicago this past weekend playing at the Excalibur.

The amps were turned up pretty loud and I got to play a VHT 50ST head hooked into the VHT Fat Bottom 2 x 12 cab.

Holy shit. I have heard a lot of amps. Nothing yet has touched the Cobra till now.

Absolutely incredible tone. I could hold a single note for 8 bars ! The sound was hard to describe but it was better than anything I have ever heard before. I was floored to the point of having major gas. And what a flexible amp. Killer blues tones also - killer !

They say some VHT's are dry. Well not this one. Juicy lucy - just oozed tone like I have never heard.

These things are just about impossible to find now... however as fate would have it....

NEW OLD STOCK !!!! Perhaps the last one left ever ???? On its way !!!

PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Sweet!

Comment

There must be a reason I am keeping my 50CL forever. Yes, it is THAT good.

Comment

VHT are excellent amps. Not for the sloppy player, make a mistake and everyone will hear it I have a 50CL w/EQ+Reverb and pair with a VHT 4x12 with P50E's
        amps4s.JPG
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have read a lot of guys like the EL34 model. The one I played was the EL84 model and it killed. Killed I tell ya. Luckily the one I ordered is the 84 model. I go by my ears.

I wonder if the guys that prefer the 34 models have every had an 84 cranked up.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I've always wanted to try one. But this whole "not for the sloppy player" thing probably means I will not and should not ever.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              I've always wanted to try one. But this whole "not for the sloppy player" thing probably means I will not and should not ever.
              You should always take her for a test drive to get a feel for it before you say no.

Take a weekend day and make it an experience, a road trip and a nice place to eat as part of the experience. Maybe some additional shopping as well take in a mall or something.
              But come home with the amp or something nice for yourself.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                You should always take her for a test drive to get a feel for it before you say no.

Take a weekend day and make it an experience, a road trip and a nice place to eat as part of the experience. Maybe some additional shopping as well take in a mall or something.
                But come home with the amp or something nice for yourself.
                I totally agree. If I never would have gotten the chance to play one of these I would have never known what they actually sound like.
                You can't go by reviews - you have to play an amp yourself. There is no substitute.

I would have never purchased an amp with EL84's had I not heard and played the beast - and it is a beast.

Different players with different styles and different guitars all played this amp and each one had the best tone of all the amps on stage. There was not even a contest. This thing with a 2 x 12 smoked - and I mean SMOKED a 100 Watt Marshall 4 x 12.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Humm.... Me? VHT 2/90/2 rack amp thru a Fractal Ultra Axefx... out into a FB 4/12 cab... I feel what your talkin' !! :-))

Comment

[QUOTE=shredmonster;1384304]You can't go by reviews - you have to play an amp yourself. There is no substitute.

I would have never purchased an amp with EL84's had I not heard and played the beast - and it is a beast.

QUOTE]

I agree, you can get a general vague idea of an amp from clips and whatnot but you have to play em, gague players response and volume knob manipulations, gain, volume etc to get the real idea of what is good or not imho...
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                    X