Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up a Tonelab ST the other day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a Tonelab ST the other day....

Ok, so I haven't had a processor (other than a POD that I never used) since the early/mid 90s when I got ripped off on an RP-10. I finally got sick of messing with stomp boxes and everything that goes with them so I thought I'd give the newer ones another go. I didn't need a big one because I really don't use a lot of effects, but at the same time I didn't want to spend a whole lot on what was to be more of a test, But this thing sounds freakin' AWESOME!

I've been playing with it for a few days now, and even took it onstage at an opening gig we were playing this past weekend and I must say, it's really simplified things for me, not to mention improved my overall tone by leaps and bounds. So far I have been able to eliminate everything on my pedal board except for my talk box and my Boost switch (I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of that once I learn a little more about setting up the patches).

Anybody got any experience with these? Comments? Hints? Suggestions?
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Tried one of those and LOVED IT. Hated the small-ass controller pedal, though. Excellent tones.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

I'm not really having trouble with the size of the pedal. Having a little trouble getting use to the up/down switch though. I've done some editing and got some pretty decent sounding patches set up now though, so I moved them to where they are right next to each other. Today, I'm going to download the drivers and the librarian software and see if that makes things a little easier. There are all kinds of patches on the VOX website, too bad you can't hear a sample of them before you download them, but that's a minor issue for sure. So far the only thing I REALLY don't like is the tuner.
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I wish they'd combine all the best aspects from all three boards: The SE, the LE and this. They are really great boards.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
        X