Tube Screamer + Valvestate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Screamer + Valvestate

I was wondering if a tubescreamer will work with my valvestate(AVT) because it has a valve in the preamp however i haven't seen it done yet
    The Yellow and Black Attack!

What works is what sounds good to YOU. Give it a shot, youll either like it or you wont. Me personally, Ive never liked the sound of an overdriven input, but to each his own, or more likely, to each what the other guys doing.
    Last edited by Twitch; 11-07-2010, 08:10 PM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      What works is what sounds good to YOU. Give it a shot, youll either like it or you wont. Me personally, Ive never liked the sound of an overdriven input, but to each his own, or more likely, to each what the other guys doing.
      Depends on the amp. IMO, a TS-9 + AVT sounds great, if you want a bright, tight tone.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

From what i saw on youtube i'm diggin the tone.
        The Yellow and Black Attack!

Comment

You will get a nice bright tone but not very heavy if you use the clean channel. If you use the distortion of the amp and boost it with the Tube Screamer you will get even a brighter tone and a fair amount of noise.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            You will get a nice bright tone but not very heavy if you use the clean channel. If you use the distortion of the amp and boost it with the Tube Screamer you will get even a brighter tone and a fair amount of noise.
            That's where the ISP Decimator comes in.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
            X