Randall RM MTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RM MTS

Thinking about streamlining my gear some. Now that they've been out for a while and I'm seeing some used for decent prices, Are these as versatile as they seem? How close in tone are the modules to what they're supposed to emulate? Any known issues to look for? And is there any difference in the Lynchbox other than looks?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Here is the place to go for all things MTS and Egnater modular too!
    Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS amps & modules. Forums for all aspects of amps plus Classifieds for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS amps.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

RM100. Easily the best amp I have ever owned. The modules are incredible. Its literally like having any combination of amps that you want. The 3 that I run are the Fender Blackface, the Bogner XTC and the Ultra which to me sounds alot like a high gain Randall.

Comment

The modules are close enough to the amps that they're emulating where spending $200 for a module is much cheaper than hundreds or thousands more of the real thing. I'm currently using a modded JTM, Friedman modded SL+ and Jaded Faith XTC in my RM100. Does everything I need when I use it. Also, you may want to bulk up because if the Lynch Box is as heavy as my RM100, it'll be definitely a heavy haul.

Comment

There was a RM100 with 2 modules for $600, a RM50LB for $450, RM100 2x12 for $500 or $750 with 3 modules, a RM100RB for $750. All on CL. Missed some but can't get anyone to e-mail me back anyway. Crap... I won't be moving it around as I just play in the house but I like the idea of having many amps available for an OK price.. The description on the LB says "tweaks to meet George's tonal needs".. Anyone know what the difference is? The head itself is just the power section so it shouldn't have different voicing or anything right? Just a different look I assume..

Comment

The LB head comes with EL34's instead of 6L6's but can be changed out to your preference and is self biasing. The LB50 combo has his signature Eminence Super V speaker. I've been through a lot of amps and can say that my LB50 is one that I've really enjoyed and probly have kept the longest. I also have a RM100 head wih a Mesa Recto cab. It's sweet.

Comment

Craigslist had a run of different MTS's here but now it's dried up and none around. I'm gonna sell some superfluous gear and have cash on hand if one shows up. Thanks for the info..

Comment

Working...
              X