Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's marshall find

How about this cool little piece?
    All I need is to find the matching bottom cab.Sounds pretty kick ass for 12 watts.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

What model is it? The tolex looks to be in great shape for being over 20 years old.
    Scott

Comment

I love those little mini stacks, they look so nifty. It does look to be in amazing shape for an amp that old.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Its yellowed a lot so kind of dingy.
        Its a lead 12 Spivonious.
        I tried it thru my 1960 Marshall 4X12/75 watters and wow its loud as hell.I got curious if it would push 2 4X12's so I hooked up my Ampeg 4X12 with V30's and had a go and I was stunned. It sounded freakin balls out!
        I may have to keep this little amp.Need to find a matching cab to make it a full stack, good luck there I suppose.
        Last edited by straycat; 11-16-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I have three, including the Silver Jubilee. I run a pair in stereo.

You are missing a cab - should have 2 10" speakers.

Comment

If you find a white cab Don let me know.

Comment

Looks like you're actually missing the top (slant) cab. Might be easier to find a black one, and re-tolex it.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I used to have the 1x10 black combo of that amp. They do sound good for such tiny amps.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Maybe so Zeegs I'm going to do some scrounging today and see if I can find one.

Comment

Maybe you can grab one of the Zakk stacks and de-brewtalize it hehe.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Damn, I suddenly have GAS bad for one of those. I'm gonna have to pick one up, and do it in some funky tolex colour. Orange would be cool as hell.

Comment

I agree maybe even orange snake skin would be cool

Comment

Love the Lead 12! I find it sounds better plugged into a 1x12 or larger cab. To me, the stock speakers (Made in England Celestions) sound a little thin compared to a larger speaker and cab.

BTW, I bought a black head and top cab only from a pawnshop in Vega while vacationing with my family back in '93. I brought it on the plane as a carry one (head and cab separated with 2 of us) to take back home. I think it'd be harder to do that nowadays!
                          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            I agree maybe even orange snake skin would be cool
                            Aw yeah!!!

I've never seen orange snakeskin, but that would be sick.

Comment

I used to have a lead 12 white micro stack that I used for years! If you think it sounds good running into a 4x12 then just try coming out of the line out into a power amp or effects loop of a tube amp through a 4x12! I used mine as my main amp for a long time and when I needed something bigger I'd just go down to the music store and rent a power amp. They're killer little amps!

Comment

Working...
                              X