Pedal board setup!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal board setup!!!!

I am just putting together a small amp and pedal rig. I am using a Blackstar HT-5 with a Marshall quad box. I have these pedals so far, I just need advice on what order I should set them up in. I think the HT-5 has a effects send as well.

Pedals are, Boss, CE-5(analog), CS-3, RC-2 (Looper), BD-2, CE-3, PH-2, BF-2, DD-7,TU-2, NS-2 and a Dean Markley Overload Overdrive.
    Charvel CST 060 1992
    Charvel CST 070 1992
    Charvel CDS 090 1993
    Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
    Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
    Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
    Duesenberg 49er 2012
    Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
    Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
    History TH-LS Limited 2009
    History SH-LSV 2010

This can get quite complicated and confusing. The ultimate order is what sounds best to you. But here is a starting point.

Gtr --> NS-2 Input - NS-2 Send --> TU-2 --> [Phaze, Flange, OD 1, OD 2] --> Chorus 1 (maybe here ?) --> Amp Input - Amp FX Send --> NS-2 Return - NS-2 Out --> Chorus 1 (or maybe here ?) --> Delay --> Chorus 2 --> Looper --> amp FX return.

Maybe you'll want the looper before the Delay? Also try different orders in the [] section. like phaze, od, flange, od, or od, phaze, flange, od. Play with that section. Any order will be ok. It is suggested that when stacking gain based effects the signal chain should go from higher gain to lower gain.

Also you'll notice that I have the effects going into the preamp before it closes the loop on the noise suppressor. This is how I run my setup because now the NS-2 quiets the preamp as well as the pedals. You can try coming from the last pedal in the first section back to the NS-2 Return then from the NS-2 Output to the Amp Input. This is how the manual suggests it be run but I've found that it doesn't do it's job as well.

Good luck.
    Hope this helps.
    ~John E.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I could apply the same chain to my Boss GT-10. I've never put an effect before the amp, only after. My chain is GUITAR IN > NS1 > (fx1) > COMP/LIM > OD > PRE > NS2 > EQ > FX2 > CHORUS > DELAY > OUTPUT.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks guys I was thinking the same way, mite be some trial and error needed to get the pedals in order.
        Charvel CST 060 1992
        Charvel CST 070 1992
        Charvel CDS 090 1993
        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
        Duesenberg 49er 2012
        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

you need more pedals

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
            you need more pedals
            Thats exactly what I was thinking.

I've gone the opposite way. A single box that does everything out to monitors. My only pedals now are my decimator and my pitchblack tuner. Although when I do get my midi foot controller technically I will have 10 pedals and 2 volume/wah pedals.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Just trying a setup alot of these pedals are old 80's will add or remove the one's that don't work for me.................
              Charvel CST 060 1992
              Charvel CST 070 1992
              Charvel CDS 090 1993
              Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
              Duesenberg 49er 2012
              Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
              History SH-LSV 2010