X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack effects question.

Hello!

Right now i have 2 options:

1. Buy a G-Major 2 multi effects processor.

2. Buy a good rackmounted chorus unit and a good reverb, since I always use only these two effects.

I'm gonna be spending the same amount of money either way.

What do you think?

If the money is the same, get the g-maj for the other sounds that you may not use today but might want to use in the future. Plus the other things it can do like amp channel switching etc.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'd want something that I can control with my feet. I'd probably look at the G-System.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Go with the G-Major! A good rackmount reverb and chorus will cost you more $ than the G-major. It's more bang for your buck.

Comment

G Major. Hands down.

Comment

It's been my experience, having owned several rack units over the years, that individual units chained into each other sound much different (and usually better/clearer IMO) than all-in-one units.

Even running an all-in-one unit's preamp out/send to another all-in-one's fx return will change the sound quality. I once ran the Send of one Digitech GSP21 Legend in the FX Return of another identical unit and found both the clean and distorted and effected and un-effected sounds to be much more clear and articulate.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
              Go with the G-Major! A good rackmount reverb and chorus will cost you more $ than the G-major. It's more bang for your buck.
              nice, so what chorus and reverb would you recommend? and how much would it cost?

Comment

if you want spring reverb in a rack, you can't fault the peavey valverb. they go for about $350 used. for a digital reverb, i always liked the old digitech DSP16. i have 8 of those in my studio. the are simple and sound good. not programmable or very tweakable, but most things you need are in there as a preset.

as far as a rack chorus, i liked the rockman stereo chorus. it is a half rack unit and is really killer.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I would suggest either a Rocktron Intellifex or a Yamaha SPX90-II.
                  I have both and they are great. You could pick up either one really cheap.
                  The G-Major is a fine unit. I think the best features of the G-Major are:
                  Onboard tuner that you can acually see on stage.
                  Solo boost option (its a slick way to get solo boost)
                  Outstanding effects. The G-Major has a very nice chorus.
                  Keep in mind.. for live use you don't really need "KILLER" reverb. It just needs to be good.

Comment

BTW.. there is a G-Major listed in the JCF classifieds!

Comment

I'd go with the G-Major. I really like TC stuff. Have a G-Force that I wouldn't do without & from what I hear of the G-Major 2s they sound very impressive.

Comment

If you just want chorus/reverb I'd suggest an intellifex as well

If you want a few more things, either G-Major or Rocktron Xpressio
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                        X