Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

experience/feedback with Diamond Amps, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the Valveking gets the job done, i like it but it's just very.. dry. And i can't get any juice whatsoever on my high mids or highs, it's like every time i solo i've got a dry mouth. And i'm a complete perfectionist asshole when it comes to tone, so i beat the shit out of myself about it. I'm not in dire need of another amp, but I need something to shoot for so i don't dick around when it's available to me. I liked the double and triple rectos a lot but they're not in my foreseen price range (and i'm not about to get a single either haha). I love the 5150, haven't tried a 6505 YET but i've been wanting to for a while. Also the ENGL powerball and invader looked promising but like I said.. there aren't any shops around that have quality amps like that.
    I don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin.

Comment

have you tried any OD pedals? could help give you that juice your looking for.

Comment

a few.. my other guitarist has a metal core, it's alright. and i've thought about trying a tube screamer but i haven't gotten the chance to try one out. i've used distortion pedals and processors before but no overdrive pedals. honestly i sort of feel like distortion pedals (like the metalcore, or digitech's death metal) just take from the integrity of the amp. i've heard absolutely nothing but praise of the tube screamer, but sadly.. no means to go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Misanthrope[ALWT] View Post
          Yeah the Valveking gets the job done, i like it but it's just very.. dry. And i can't get any juice whatsoever on my high mids or highs, it's like every time i solo i've got a dry mouth. And i'm a complete perfectionist asshole when it comes to tone, so i beat the shit out of myself about it. I'm not in dire need of another amp, but I need something to shoot for so i don't dick around when it's available to me. I liked the double and triple rectos a lot but they're not in my foreseen price range (and i'm not about to get a single either haha). I love the 5150, haven't tried a 6505 YET but i've been wanting to for a while. Also the ENGL powerball and invader looked promising but like I said.. there aren't any shops around that have quality amps like that.
          Well, if a dual recto is out of your price range, I think you'll find that anything from Diamond is gonna be out of the ballpark anyway. If you check Ebay, you can often find duals for around $900. You really can't go wrong with a 5150/6505. Marshall JVMs can also be had for around a grand.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

i've used distortion pedals and processors before but no overdrive pedals. honestly i sort of feel like distortion pedals (like the metalcore, or digitech's death metal) just take from the integrity of the amp.
            Two different animals...he's talking about using an overdrive to further push what you've already got. You want a good overdrive to push the tubes a bit harder...like a Tube Screamer, MXR Wylde OD or, my favorite, Xotic BB Preamp.

Comment

i understand the difference, man. that's why i contrasted between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                Well, if a dual recto is out of your price range, I think you'll find that anything from Diamond is gonna be out of the ballpark anyway. If you check Ebay, you can often find duals for around $900. You really can't go wrong with a 5150/6505. Marshall JVMs can also be had for around a grand.
                Yeah, i don't think i was very clear on that, sorry.. I'm looking for an amp to shoot for when I have that kind of price range, somewhere down the road. My intention is not to get anything soon, i'm just asking about the nitrox because it was something of interest that maybe i should look for to test, see if it's a worthy goal. I've looked quite a bit at duals, and that has been my eventual goal for a while, but i'd really like to widen my view, and see if i can really figure it out before i have the means to get one. I've tried the JVMs, they weren't exactly what i was looking for, and you know my situation with the 5150s and 6505s.

Comment

Have you tried a JCA 100?

Comment

I have a Diamond Nitrox and it doesn't even come close to my Randall LB100. The thing will get me by until my Randall's repaired but it has no balls. Very distorted but in a bad way with no bass. It is loud but just is lacking something. I'm gonna sell mine on the bay once I get my Randall back. The sound reminds me of a Solid State head. I wish I could explain it better...

Oh the red lights are cool....
                    Last edited by z1n; 12-28-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                      I have a Diamond Nitro and it doesnt even come close to my Randall LB100. The thing will get me by until my Randall's repaired but it has no balls. Very distorted but in a bad way with no bass. It is loud but just is lacking something. I'm gonna sell mine on the bay once I get my Randall back. The sound reminds me of a Solid State head. I wish I could explain it better...

Oh the red lights are cool....
                      Do you have a Nitrox? I've never heard of a Diamond Nitro.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        Do you have a Nitrox? I've never heard of a Diamond Nitro.
                        What?? That's what I said! Yes I have the Nitrox!

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                          What?? That's what I said! Yes I have the Nitrox!
                          Nice edit.

Comment

ok guys, knock it off

no, i haven't tried the JCA 100.

oh, and as an update, i've looked at some 6534+ demos and its specs and whatnot, and it piqued my interest quite a bit. I know that it's basically a 6505+ with EL34s (me like) and some extra bells and whistles as far as tonal tweaking goes. thoughts?

Comment

ok guys, knock it off

oh, and as an update, i've looked at some 6534+ demos and its specs and whatnot, and it piqued my interest quite a bit. I know that it's basically a 6505+ with EL34s (me like) and some extra bells and whistles as far as tonal tweaking goes. thoughts?

I think it was Bill that was saying he thought they sounded pretty badass actually, do a search pretty sure he mentioned it a few times in a thread or two.

Comment

ok guys, knock it off

I would definitely give it a try if I were you. It's not necessarily known as a high gain monster, but trust me, it can do exactly what you're looking for, and it's VERY affordable. Also, even though it's made overseas (China I think), from everything I've heard, they are built very well, with decent parts, and have fantastic customer support. The bottom line is, it's basically a Soldano Hot Rod 100 clone, and I know for a fact (because I have one) that a Hot Rod 100 has more than enough gain to do anything. Check out Youtube, there are a ton of Jet City demos on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X