Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOUD computer speakers (for jamming along) suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOUD computer speakers (for jamming along) suggestions?

Hi all,

First, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Joyous Festivus, Feliz Navidad, Gleeful Kwanzaa, and overall well wishes for this holiday season... I know I don't post or read much here any more... thankfully there's a subscription service so I can receive replies to this thread!

I now have a home office which doubles as a music room, and my computer's tiny Bose MediaMate speakers can't keep up with volumes where my guitar setup sounds good. They start breaking up at higher volumes. So I need something new with a ridiculous amount of clarity.

I also hate my upstairs neighbor, who loves to stomp around, vacuum, move furniture, and drop lord-knows-what onto the hardwood floor, all occurring during a normal person's sleeping hours, so I need something with an insane amount of volume with which to fire back to let her know that I literally rock and she doesn't, and otherwise clue her into the fact that we all live in condos, not detached homes where noise isn't a factor and you can be as inconsiderate of others as you wish. Fight fire with fire... plus, I've lived here longer than her... you know, it's all a matter of respect and principles.

(The above paragraph may be in jest.)

Price range... up to $500.00 for a computer speaker set of quality, clarity, and volume.

Thanks in advance!

NOTP! Chrissakes, merry Christmas to you too
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

For the price of these, the sound and quality is hard to beat. I have them myself. PC speakers.. well, these are studio monitors and you need to be able to move some air to get under her skin. Less than say 5" or 6" bass unit won't do that. These are 8":

Ribbon tweeters can yield a smooth sound, while still capably reproducing transient detail — and the Pro Ribbon range promises to do so for an attractive price.
      Henrik

Comment

Oh and they are active. Big plus.
        Henrik

Comment

I recommend a subwoofer and a sound effects CD that plays a train, then a helicopter, then a plane. Put that on repeat and head out to the bars.

Comment

I'd suggest... record her noise, master it for loudness and then play that back. On repeat.
            Henrik

Comment

You may want to check out the KRK Rokit monitors as well. The 8 will naturally give you more bottom. They may not go quite as loud as you are looking for so make sure you try them beforehand.

KRK Systems has been Behind Great Music for almost 35 years. Learn more and shop for Studio Monitors, Headphones, Subwoofers, Speakers, Monitoring Applications and Room Correction Technology.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have KRK V6 monitors + a sub (which is usually turned way down), and they kick ass. Biamped, 60W low, 30W high. I've never had them near as loud as they can get, but they can blast. I think they've been replaced by the new VXT-6. The Rokit series are great bang for the buck, from what I've heard.

Comment

Working...
                X