Jet City JCA50H Overdrive Demo - Mic'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet City JCA50H Overdrive Demo - Mic'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH0fz...layer_embedded#!

Watch it in 1080p.

I'll definitely be making more vids later with a broad range of gain/EQ adjustments to demonstrate what this amp can really do. But hopefully this quick demo can show all of you guys who haven't heard a clip of these amps what the distortion channel sounds like.

-Dave

Great clip but I have one big question... is that pure amp distortion or do you have the overdrive on the entire time?
    If its on... post the same exact clip just using the amps natural gain.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      Great clip but I have one big question... is that pure amp distortion or do you have the overdrive on the entire time?
      If its on... post the same exact clip just using the amps natural gain.
      There are only two parts of the clip running the pedal. Bleed the Freak and Holy Wars. Everything else was the amp.

Comment

That sounds pretty fucking good. Nice job with the recording too.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
          There are only two parts of the clip running the pedal. Bleed the Freak and Holy Wars. Everything else was the amp.
          At what times is Bleed the Freak and Holy Wars on?
          Hey, I appreciate you posting the amp clip and the sound is really good.
          I just would like to hear the amp with no wah or no overdrive pedal. Just plug straight in clean with guitar and cord. Pedals buffer the signal unless all the pedals you have are true bypass.
          The amp has a very nice tone. Doesn't sound that much like a Hot Rod 50+ though but I think that si because you have delay, wah and an overdrive pedal going.
          Its not easy to hear the actual amp tone and the amount of gain. Soldano's tend to have alot more string definition and they are a bit grainier but I think the pedals and effects are smoothing out your clips too much. Thanks though!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            At what times is Bleed the Freak and Holy Wars on?
            Pedals buffer the signal unless all the pedals you have are true bypass.
            Bleed the Freak: 1:23
            Holy Wars: 6:00

The Hardwire pedals are in fact true bypass. The wah is not, unfortunately. I'm still trying to really nail mic placement, and it doesn't help that the SM57 colors the tone. It almost puts too much emphasis on the mids and doesn't do a very good job with the high end. However, I'm still working it and once I'm happier I'll get to doing the other videos later with just a guitar and cable. I agree: it doesn't sound like my Avenger did, either. But it absolutely killed my JVM combo for pretty much everything. I'll keep working on placing that mic to see if I can get a more accurate representation of the amp. But for now, thank you for your input and I'll definitely keep it in mind with my future recordings.

Thank you, Warlok.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
              and it doesn't help that the SM57 colors the tone. It almost puts too much emphasis on the mids and doesn't do a very good job with the high end.
              That's the one reason I like my cheap GLS ES57 mic better. The mids sound more like it does live and the highs aren't muffled. I A-B'd mine and a SM57 and the SM57 sounded like it was EQ'd darker and was not as full a sound. I'm looking to grab a E609 to try out as well..
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                That's the one reason I like my cheap GLS ES57 mic better. The mids sound more like it does live and the highs aren't muffled. I A-B'd mine and a SM57 and the SM57 sounded like it was EQ'd darker and was not as full a sound. I'm looking to grab a E609 to try out as well..
                I have an e609 in addition to the SM57 and while I do prefer its tone overall, I'm having a hard time finding that "perfect" spot with it. It's like I'll get close to having a nice balance of highs/lows, and when I shift it 1/10th of an inch it falls apart. I'll keep trying it when I get back from leave as I do love it and I do recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                X