GFS (Guitar Fetish) Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFS (Guitar Fetish) Pickups

Anyone here bought any of the humbucker models from them. Ive been looking at them for quite some time, but a hot, quiet humbucker for $35 seems too good to be true.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I had a set of crunchy PATs in a Squier showmaster. PAF Pro clones. They sounded fine. Worth the money I think!

I did a brief video demo of how they sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4oRrsoRbPU
    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I'm curious about the GFS too... So I'm jumpin' in!

See this thread also for cheap humbuckers idea:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/114...-pickup-review
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

i use them in all my "cheap" guitars. i just bought the '72 tele style pickup for my squier tele. i have some of their '59's and one of the "loudmouth" pickups. i like them all. very worth the tiny investment.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            i use them in all my "cheap" guitars. i just bought the '72 tele style pickup for my squier tele. i have some of their '59's and one of the "loudmouth" pickups. i like them all. very worth the tiny investment.
            Good to hear. I may pull the trigger on a couple Crunchy Rails.

Comment

i have some of their '59's and one of the "loudmouth" pickups. i like them all. very worth the tiny investment.
              How do they compare to real Duncan 59s? I really like the Duncan 59 I have in a Godin guitar I own.
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

the GFS '59 seems a bit hotter to me than the SD '59. not much hotter, but enough to where i can tell.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a Dream 180 in the neck of my SLSMG. Fantastic pickup, exactly what I want for cleans.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I was wondering about the Dream 180s...they seem like they'd be pretty cool. How do they sound with some dirt? Are they P90-ish, PAF humbucker-ish or completely different?

Comment

the GFS '59 seems a bit hotter to me than the SD '59. not much hotter, but enough to where i can tell.
                      Intereresting... Thanks for letting me know.
                      JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                        I was wondering about the Dream 180s...they seem like they'd be pretty cool. How do they sound with some dirt? Are they P90-ish, PAF humbucker-ish or completely different?
                        It's really somewhere between a P-90, and a Filtertron (from what I've heard of each). Actually doesn't sound bad doing heavy either.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I think the GFS products would be a safe bet. Ive read in numerous threads on other forums that the dragonfire pickups, GFS pickups and Guitarheads pickups are made by these guys http://www.artecsound.com/ some are made to their specs (like gfs) and some are just standar models with slight mods and specs but the overall build quality is the same. Artec makes pickups for many many companies and chances are if you have a newer import guitar with no name on the pickups its quite possible they made them. Im almost positive they make the ibanez active pickups and even though some models may not impress when buying from GFS, Dragonfire, and guitar heads they are pretty much offering the best of what the company makes and you can rest assured your not going to be getting the pickups out of a epi lp100. As far as active pickups go, I love my dragonfires. They to me sound better than my emgs, emg x's and blackouts. This wont be the case for everyone but hey some people dont like jackson guitars. To each their own. I just know that I will be just as happy as the guy who paid $300 to put some bareknuckles in his guitar while I swapped pickups in my whole collection and still had some money in my wallet.

Comment

Working...
                          X