Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vox ac50vt clean?

Hi guys

Just a quick one. Recently got meself the above amp and cant figure out how to turn all effects/amps/etc off. All i needs is clean sound from the guitar not distorted by amp. Have searched the net but didnt find anything.

Thanks

Do you mean AD50VT? It's a modeling amp, there's no way to turn off the amp model. Your best bet is to set it to the cleanest amp model you can.

I'd pick Boutique Cl, Black 2x12, or Tweed 4x10. To turn off effects, press the Bypass button.

Here's the owner's manual, since you seem not to have it. http://www.voxamps.com/downloads/PDF...0VTH_OM_E5.pdf

If you really just want a clean amplifier, then you have the wrong amp. What's your setup like? If you have a preamp already, pick up a power amp. If you just want ultra clean tone and nothing else, then look for an amp that has a clean channel and doesn't do modeling.
    Last edited by Spivonious; 12-27-2010, 03:00 PM.
    Scott

Comment

I was pissed after I bought my vox, I wanted to still use a pedal but it sounds like shit on the "clean" settings because they are go thru the preamp.

Comment

Yep, Spivonious its ad50vt, sorry. Thanks for your replay. Unfortunately its what I expected to hear. I was hoping to put my pod thru an amp and use the amp just for the power rather than tone or amp models.

Could you please recommend anything that will suit my needs? An amp where you are able to switch everything off and just use its power.

Thanks a lot for your help

Btw, if anybodys interested in mint ad50vt I got one for sale here in UK

Comment

If you like the POD, I'd pick up a Line6 Spider. It's essentially a POD with a power amp in one box.

I do prefer the Vox models to the POD though, so if you haven't, I'd try playing straight into it. Not the best for high-gain stuff, but their mid-gain models are fantastic.
          Scott

Comment

I'm running a Tonelab through my VOX AD50vt. It took me a little bit to get it right, but I did find a nice clean model and it works pretty well. I nhave a Valve King too, but I just like the Vox better.
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Spivonious, I had a spider 212 and didn't really like it. Btw, I think it lacks clean channel as well or am I wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help guys. I gotta find a new amp now.

Comment

Working...
              X