PEAVEY BANDIT 112 "SOLO-SERIES" 1990's "TEAL-STRIPE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEAVEY BANDIT 112 "SOLO-SERIES" 1990's "TEAL-STRIPE"

Hey Dudes how's it going? I was just wondering how many of you are using one of these (KILLER!!!) older Bandits (The one in the pic is MINE!) & what kind of sound your getting out of it. What Pedals/Effects Etc your using? I am & always have been a TRUE 150% METAL-HEAD! so Distortion is a MUST! Also if you have any Likes or Dislikes about the Amp. All I can say is I bought one back in the 90's when it first came out & purchased another one about a year ago. I dont feel that the newer Bandit's compare....I STILL THINK IT KICKS MAJOR ASS! & IS A KILLER AMP!

Last edited by axe dude; 01-11-2011, 11:30 PM.
    *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
    *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
    Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
    *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
    *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
    *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
    *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

I had that exact same one for a few years. Did Pantera well enough. Traded it for bass.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I think we all owned one of these at one time or another. Bullet proof, loud as heck, sounds great. It is great. Its almost an industry standard!!
      The only thing I don't agree with you on is that I think the newer ones that are Sheffield equipt sound better than the originals with the Scorpions.

Comment

weenned on that baby, oh so many SOD Riffs.

Comment

I never had one
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I still have one identical to the one pictured above.

I think i bought it back in 90 or 91. Geez, has it been that long?.

Still ticking along even though i have not been using it much since i found my Blackstar tube amp.

You are right. They are loud as hell and have limitless gain.

Never tried any other speakers in it.

Chris

Comment

Oh man!

I had 2 in UK with the Sheffield speaker. Awsome amp. Wish I could find one now!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                I think we all owned one of these at one time or another. Bullet proof, loud as heck, sounds great. It is great. Its almost an industry standard!!
                The only thing I don't agree with you on is that I think the newer ones that are Sheffield equipt sound better than the originals with the Scorpions.
                He is probably talking about the current Bandits which are made in China now, as opposed to the ones that were made in the USA for so many years. I have heard a number of people say that the Chinese Bandits don't sound that great. Looking at my USA Bandit with a Sheffield 12" as I type this!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X