Eventide Eclipse V4 vs. TC Electronic G-Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eventide Eclipse V4 vs. TC Electronic G-Force

I've been reading elsewhere that the Eclipse is quite popular among guitarists. I've heard some really good results, and not many demos of the G-Force. Naturally, I can get a G-Force on ebay for about a 25-30% of the cost of a new Eclipse V4 but I want the unit that will have the most usable sounds and ease of use, etc. Has anyone here tried both? If so, which did you prefer and why?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I watched some demos on YT and was very impressed.
    They pioneered this technology so I give them the nod as far as quality of the unit.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I don't know about the G-Force, but I can vouch for the Eclipes. I have one and it's great, easy to update, great support if you have any questions(should be able to find anything you could ask in their[Eventide] forums). There is nothing that you can't do with this unit, pricey yes, but......... You get what you pay for. I use it for guitar but if I need to, I can turn around and use for recording with digital 8-track.
      You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

I've got a couple Eclipses. The G-Force is not in that league IMO. The Eclipse does a much better job of preserving the fundamental guitar tone - and the effects are stunning. The G-Force is just very good.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've just found an Eclipse for sale, but before I buy it, I have concerns: The Eventide website says registration required. If this unit has previously been registered, my instinct tells me it wouldn't let me have the update. Anyone been unable to get the v4.01 update because of this?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I can't see a problem with the registering. If there is and you need files I can always send you the zip files for updates.

Comment

Thanks. Just need to win it and buy myself a flash card reader now.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I don't know if you're still considering the G-Force, but if you are, keep in mind that it came out in '97 or '98, so it's not really a state-of-the-art platform technology-wise... Now, how good were cell phones and computers back then?

Comment

I'm not going for the G-Force, just the Eclipse. Gave up looking for the TC ages ago after hearing the demos. I've just seen the Space Pedal. I'm hoping the update includes patches from that too, not just the Pitchfactor, Timefactor and Modfactor. The Space is a £500 pedal. I used to own a DSP7500 about 8-9 years ago.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

You won't be disappointed with the Eclipse my friend! As far as I know It will do everything that all the Eventide pedals will do and then some! I'll ask my buddy who has a couple of the pedals and is up to date on this stuff(needs to be if he wants to sell anything at work!LOL!!)

Comment

2 days left and the bastard pulled the listing. I will keep looking...
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

What low was the auction sitting at?

Comment

£220
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

LOL!!!! I would have pulled it too!! Brand new they go for just over $2000. Don't think I would have taken a hit like that!

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amoun...rom=GBP&To=CAD

Comment

Working...
                            X