Peavey Valveking VS.Crate BlueVoodoo 120H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valveking VS.Crate BlueVoodoo 120H

Which of these 2 amps would be a better inexpensive tube amp,It would be used for high gain metal with some clean channel playing every now and again.Which one would be worth it,right now I'm playing through a Marshall AVT 150H and a Kustom Quad 4x12 w/Celestion Super 65's.
    Any advice would be helpful, I'm thinking about getting rid of the Marshall and get one of these.

I've never played the Valveking, so I can't compare them for ya..but I LOVE my BV120. It's got great tone, plenty of gain, and is durable as hell. Over 5 years of gigging and never a hiccup, except a preamp tube going squeally on me. 2 channels, effects loop, w/ a foot switch. It's a keeper for sure. Great cleans too.

Hope that helps a bit bro. You can check out our band videos for some live clips. Chronicles of Mayhem on youtube.

Comment

Between the OLD BV's and the Valve King, Id go for the Valve King. Between the NEW BV's and the Valve King, the NEW BV.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I played a VK (only for a few minutes though) and wasn't impressed. But then again, I wasn't impressed with my BV120 till I put a EQ in the loop. IMO, MUST have an EQ in the loop. And a little chorus helps the clean be sparkly!! BTW - mine is a 2003 blue one with gold logo and hardware.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Yeah, mine is a newer one. 2005 I think. Black. Hunter, you can always swing by the house when you're in Okc and play it for a bit if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Between the OLD BV's and the Valve King, Id go for the Valve King. Between the NEW BV's and the Valve King, the NEW BV.
            I'd take any of the BVs over the Valve King.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ive never cared for the tone of the blue tolex BV's or the Hagar models, the new black tolex with the new logo models, those I really dig.

Comment

It's the black one with a chrome logo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                    I played a VK (only for a few minutes though) and wasn't impressed. But then again, I wasn't impressed with my BV120 till I put a EQ in the loop. IMO, MUST have an EQ in the loop. And a little chorus helps the clean be sparkly!! BTW - mine is a 2003 blue one with gold logo and hardware.
                    Which EQ are you using.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
                      Thats the one. I really dig them. Dont see many around here though.

Comment

I've got a valveking head. Changed the stock tubes and stuck a ge7 in the loop. It sound pretty decent, good bang for the buck.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
                          Which EQ are you using.
                          MXR 10 band. I honestly think almost every amp I've played needs a EQ in the loop. I have a M108 and a KFK, only difference is KFK is stereo. You really could get away with a 6 or 7 band as the 2 lowest and 2 highest bands don't do that much.
                          I will say that price would be a factor as well on if you should buy one of these or wait. From what I've seen, you could almost trade the AVT for one of these. I'm actually looking to sell locally my BV and a Peavey Ultra Plus (way better than the VK IMHO) at what I think are pretty low prices and no promising (meaning non-flake) buyers. With the market/economy, sadly, you should be able to get either pretty damn cheap.

Comment

My vote goes to the BV if I had to choose between the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                              Thats the one. I really dig them. Dont see many around here though.
                              That's cause you jackholes call them Blue Doodoo's and they all run away crying.. I was just man enough to stick it out!!

Comment

Working...
                              X