Randall RM100 - 1086 issue - thoughts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warlok View Post
    Honestly I wonder if there's 2 versions of the 1086, or something that goes bad in some of them..?? I was just on the mts forum and every thread that mentions it has 1 of 2 things about it. Either "most versatile, tons of gain, very heavy and clear and articulate" or "no bottom end, low gain, doesn't do it for me". I listened to every clip I can find and they are all praising and sound good with nice heavy gain and low end. But me and a bunch of others say exactly the opposite about ours. My PC's audio is an Echo Mia soundcard out to Event 20/20bas monitors so it's not like I'm using laptop speakers to review. Mine (and others) are just not even close...
    Well, when dealing with peoples opinions on the internet I'll steal a bit of George Carlin's material.... Think of how tone deaf the average person you see playing on youtube or in music stores. Then realize that 50% of them are more tone deaf than that.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My favorite comedian by far!! You definitely got that right. Been looking at descriptions of the difference between the Ultra, XL, and Lead and I've heard everything from 5150, JSX, JCM800, all the way to ENGL..:think: And the shitty part is you can't even really trust audio clips either. How it's recorded and all that.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Here's that crappy clip BTW. http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...=10149899&q=hi
        You can't hear what I was saying but the 1st is just the 1086, 2nd is with the M108. Sounds completely different live and as a wav than as an MP3 so this doesn't help..
        Last edited by warlok; 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
        X