Head swap time (Maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head swap time (Maybe)

So I currently am playing through my Custom Shop Dual Rec: 3 channel, wine red alligator with tan jute grille... Looking to get into an ENGL Powerball 100... any advice??? I love my rec, but I also love the potential of the powerball. I really like the self biasing tech of mesa stuff, and mesa shit is super well built. I've never played an Engl or even seen one in person, and because of my location it is not a possibility, but they too look like they are built like a tank. So any advice from those who have played both would be greatly appreciated.

Recto.jpg
    Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

ENGLs are built fantastically, and thy sound very good too.

I've got a Powerball so I can hopefully lend some insight. Personally, I would not sell the Recto for it. Despite a different gain structure, they are very similar amps. I sold my Recto for the Powerball and while I don't regret it looking back I would've kept the Recto. It's more usable in a lot of situations and the Powerball does not cut through a mix at all. Seriously, it needs an EQ badly. The Invader is much better for a little more $$. That is definitely an amp I would trade a Recto for.
    Last edited by Grim; 01-14-2011, 06:51 PM.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

So keep the recto... look into the invader... consider the powerball in addition a recto is kinda what your saying? Is the Powerball more like a Uberschall where it just has tons of low end, but you need to blend it with another head to get your signal through like with an AB switch...
      Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Working...
      X