Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall AFD

Haven't seen anyone else talking this up... I think I've found my next amp

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also - Charvel Promod content after the 8 minute mark
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

At NAMM this past week I went into Marshall's sound proof booth with Chris George and filmed him demoing the AFD and upcoming YJM amps using a Zoom Q3HD recorder I'll see if I can get those uploaded soon so you can hear both amps back to back.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Looking forward to hearing and seeing some more demos! Let us know when you get them posted!
      Blank yo!

Comment

Sounds Great!

Luckily I can get one of my randall modules tweaked for that tone
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Here are the links to the Marshall Slash AFD and YJM amps that I shot at NAMM 2011:

Video demo of the new Marshall Slash AFD and YJM amps played by Chris George. Shot 1/17/11 using a Zoom Q3HD recorder.

Another demo by Chris George of the new Marshall Slash AFD and YJM signature amps. Shot using a Zoom Q3HD recorder.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks for posting those Rudy.

I want to hear the AFD with something other than a Les Paul and a guy trying to channel Slash just to hear if it can do different sounds. The Yngwie fanboy in me is dying for a YJM head.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I must have the AFD!!!
              Blank yo!

Comment

No shit!!! hot
                Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

God, almost makes me want to sell off my Custom Recto... Almost haha

Comment

The built in attenuator was a nice feature in both those amps. The downside, depending on how you look at it, is both amps got some additional digital features as you can see on the back side of the amps. Both sounded nice but for a sig amp I think they really nailed it a couple years back with the Randy Rhoads amp. The AFD and YJM aren't really amps that were originally used by Slash or YJM but they do sound nice in their own right. Trying to build in a certain artists' sound by emulation as a sort of stored setting in an amp isn't really cutting it IMO.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well, I dunno. The YJM just seems brilliant to me but it depends on how the stuff they've included works. Having a plexi head with a built in OD pedal, noise gate and reverb means I have everything I need right there in the head. The loop is just a chance to add flavour. But if the gate or OD suck then obviously there is a bit of a problem because then you just have a 100W plexi with power scaling.

Now that I'm jamming with other musicians the idea of having a half stack is becoming more and more appealing to me. But I couldn't afford a RR1959 so hopefully the YJM100 is a little more affordable.
                      Last edited by Hellbat; 01-22-2011, 12:43 PM.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hmm, I watched the clips...I just don't think this is that awesome....of course, I'm not into GnR and my live rig is 5150/Soldano...the best thing about the clip was that 2nd British guy's accent!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm a huge Slash fan and love GNR, but I wouldn't buyy the amp because of that. It just sounds how I imagine in my mind a Marshall should sound and I like the power scaling feature it has and you can't argue with the two different gain stages.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Its marshalls attempt to be mesa, cuz mesa has had the 'marshall tone' on lock for a decade while marshall was fucking around with john5 and his MF lol... really love self biasing amps, love attenuators, love the afd switch... I'd leave it on all the time

Comment

I didn't inquire about pricing on either amp so I'm not sure what they cost. I'm thinking they have to be more than the reissue JCM 800's since they have more complex circuitry and you're going to pay for a sig Slash/YJM on top of that. I'm guessing $2500ish for the head (?).
                              Both did sound nice and Marshally for sure.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X