No announcement yet.

Marshall AFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunch of sites have the AFD for 1999 now.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

There is nothing digital in the AFD head.

Comment

Hey Ace, how are things going? Slash doing well?

This thread is a couple of years dead. I haven't seen Grandturk on these forums for over a year. Hope he is OK. It's weird/scary when someone just "disappears".

Comment

Hey! Slash is doing well, we are wrapping up the third Europe leg of the Apocalyptic Love tour. People disappear from the forum all the time, I've done it several times, for years on end!

Comment

its for player's who jackoff to Slash lol
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
              Hey! Slash is doing well, we are wrapping up the third Europe leg of the Apocalyptic Love tour.
              Cool. Good to hear. Tell him to go on the Conan show again. I love those bits they come up with (especially the kids bike one).

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              Then I guess I don't need one

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                Classic line! Just get the DSL
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Hey Ace this is totally off topic but if you get a chance and remember, can you ask Todd Kerns what gear he used to record Untitled with Age of Electric. I love the tone on that song.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    Classic line! Just get the DSL
                    Dang - someone else recommending a DSL. Has the world turned upside down?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Dang - someone else recommending a DSL. Has the world turned upside down?
                      There is a funny You Tube video where these lines come from. Its about a guy recommending a Marshall amp to another. Pretty funny stuff
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Does anyone know what ever happened to the original SIR #39? I hope to God Slash has it stashed under his bed.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                          There is a funny You Tube video where these lines come from. Its about a guy recommending a Marshall amp to another. Pretty funny stuff
                          Yeah, I think I saw that. I think it was from guys on the Marshall forum.

Comment

Ceriatone does a version of the Slash AFD, I don't believe it has attenuation, but it does have a very good PPIMV master volume.
                            100 watt's going for just under $1,300. http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubP...50&100Main.htm

Also, DSL's are great amps and can be had for really good prices right now. I think forums like TGP gave them a bad rap, for the usual reasons...
                            "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                            Zakk Wylde

Comment

Speaking of DSL's, i picked up a minty 2000 100 watt and ive been having a hell of a time dialing in a nice dirty tone on the dirt channel.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                                Yeah, I think I saw that. I think it was from guys on the Marshall forum.
                                Thats the one! I think it was hillarious

Originally posted by FlyingSkull View Post
                                Ceriatone does a version of the Slash AFD, I don't believe it has attenuation, but it does have a very good PPIMV master volume.
                                100 watt's going for just under $1,300. http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubP...50&100Main.htm

Also, DSL's are great amps and can be had for really good prices right now. I think forums like TGP gave them a bad rap, for the usual reasons...
                                I think thats true, I'm on TGP myself but many of the guys on there are into either really vintage amps or boutique amps and everything else is just crap to them. I think the JCM 2000's sound fine. That goes for both the DSL 50 as well as the DSL100. They do have some small internal things that need to be beefed up though to make them reliable.

Originally posted by Amerturk View Post
                                Speaking of DSL's, i picked up a minty 2000 100 watt and ive been having a hell of a time dialing in a nice dirty tone on the dirt channel.
                                How long have you had the amp? how old are the tubes? It should be relatively easy to get a good distortion sound out of that amp. I just used my JCM 2000 DSL 50 at band practice last weekend doing 80's hard rock covers. The reason I ask how old yours is is because almost every one of the ones my friend gets in the shop has a melted particular resistor that he upgrades. He also does some mods to the output jacks as well as couple other mods for reliability, checks that the bias is not drifting, etc... They sound loud and in in your face when he's done with them My DSL 50 has Mercury Magnetics transformers as well as choke. Its running fine but I will have him open it up and address the above weak points so they don't become an issue soon.
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X