Strymon El Capistan Echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strymon El Capistan Echo

Took delivery of my Strymon El Capistan this week. Huge pre/post release hype on this thing obviously.

It does sound very, very good, particularly through my tele and Dr. Z and the channel 1/2 clean and fat modes on my Roadster. No tone alteration that I could notice like I do with my EH Memory Man Deluxe.

Loses some of the flutter effect at higher gain settings but has uses available there as well.

Lots of knobs to tweak with the secondary 'hidden' features but easy to figure out and adjust.

Delivers what it promises in terms of the various tape machine simulations, tape age differences, with a nice loop function and other tweakabilities, from lapback to long echo/delays but I'm sure there will be something better just around the corner. There always is as the effects companies never quit. Hopefully something cheaper though.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Which Dr. Z amp do you have? I haven't played through any Strymon stuff but they seem to be getting a really good reputation.
    BTW, while not a delay, Eventide just released a new reverb at NAMM 2011. Its called Space and it rounds out their Pitchfactor, Timefactor, and Modfactor series.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I've got the Maz 18W non-reverb 112 combo model, sounds really nice with the EL34s. I had Z upgrade to the celestion blue speaker when I orderd it too.

The eventide stuff is nice, if you have the budget, have to check out that verb. Strymon has a verb pedal too that has a good rep.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

I've got a MAZ18 with reverb combo myself. Nice amps! For my other amps I've messed around with a few reverbs including the T Rex Room Mate, Dr. Scientist Radical Reverberator, and Guyatone MR2. All are nice sounding but the Guyatone is out of production. Its even smaller than a Boss sized pedal!
        I'd like to hear the Strymon stuff in person but I don't know of any in my area
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have the El Cap...best delay I've ever come across. Does the tape simulation better than anything I've ever heard while also being capable of some pristine sounding delays as well. Throw a Badgerplex Vintage Pre in front of it and you have a modern day Echoplex...all the tone, none of the hassle (and a much smaller footprint on a pedal board or rack).

Comment

Working...
          X