New Carvin V3M (50W Mini)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carvin V3M (50W Mini)

Now this looks like it might be damn cool. I've been thinking about getting a smaller 50W-ish head along these lines to replace a combo I have now, so this might fit the bill.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Folks, some more information on the V3M line, directly from Mr. Carson Kiesel (Carvin's President), and a killer demo from guitarslinger Johnny DeMarco. I hope you enjoy the video! Rock ON, signed, TTK

$599 after a $100 instant rebate. Pre-orders to start soon.

I'm also quite interested in that amp too.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I saw that last week on the Carvin Forum. I already have the regular V3 head, but this mini version is awesome, and I want one!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Pre-ordered one on Monday

Comment

Its a cool head. It must sound great even though its hard to tell with that hack Tone King noodling on it.
          I think the guy gives really cool and accurate amp reviews. I just wish he would have somebody playing who could actually play. He is just horrible.

Comment

I do think that "The Attack of the Mini Heads" is just a fad though.

Comment

I'm interested in this as well, especially if it basically sounds like a V3 but in a small box (except no boost and with reverb). I always used to use my V3 on half power mode anyway. Man that was an awesome amp, but unfortunately I sold it since I was no longer playing high gain stuff all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                I'm interested in this as well, especially if it basically sounds like a V3 but in a small box (except no boost and with reverb).
                It actually does have the boost... look right above the master volume. The boost level knob is on the back.
                The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Comment

Great, thanks! Now Im on a V3 kick again, and I wont be able to find one used.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    It actually does have the boost... look right above the master volume. The boost level knob is on the back.
                    http://www.carvinguitars.com/product...hp?product=V3M
                    Jeez, even better. I noticed that it's running EL84s though, I wonder how that will impact it tonally. I don't see any bias switching either. I remember mine originally came with EL34s, but I switched to 6L6s and dug that sound way more at the time.

Comment

Why not just get an old small-box 50W marshall? I'll bet that kills all, lol!

Comment

Except that it is a completely different animal for a completely different application?

Comment

Jeez, even better. I noticed that it's running EL84s though, I wonder how that will impact it tonally. I don't see any bias switching either. I remember mine originally came with EL34s, but I switched to 6L6s and dug that sound way more at the time.
                          I love my V3 with the EL34s. Haven't tried it with 6L6s yet. I do also love EL84 amps, though, so this mini version should be cool. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too far off tonally from the regular V3 to have it still say V3.

Comment

I am liking what I have seen so far. I think it is versatile and sounds pretty good. I too love EL84 amps.
                            http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

Maybe you could mod it to run with 6V6s, that would be pretty fucking cool and if it is a reduced V3 it shouldn't be hard to mod to use different tubes since the V3 is set up that way.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X