Why this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good question...LOL!

I often find myelf asking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      0 Friends

devreaux has not made any friends yet

hahaha XD answer my fkin question?

Comment

It's all about personal preference is what everyone is trying to tell you! What one person likes another might not irregardless the price. Doesn't matter if it's an amp, guitar, whatever. Personally, I wouldn't go near a Bugera or even try anything solid state. I used to own an original Peavey 5150 head, good head but not the sound I was after.
        I could go on about what head I'm using and what other heads I have on order and why. Bottom line is what I said in the second sentence, whatever floats your boat!:dead:
        You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

0 Friends

Oh man low blow!

Comment

Originally posted by devreaux View Post
            okay, well it's not really about the amps i've mentioned, my question is more about the price range.

my question is, how can the 6505 be so good? how can other amps that cost more than the 6505 be worse, or better? how does it come that some manufacturers make good amps over 1000$ and bad amps under 1000$? why do you have to pay more for a good amp from a specific manufacturer and less from another and get the same thing?
            The price range doesn't garantee that you'll like the tone. OTOH, generally speaking, the expensive boutique style amps are built with better components and quality than the cheaper mass produced ones. Its not always the case but generally true. For example, ever look inside a Bogner amp compared to say, a Bugera or B52? Anyway, one of the hard to believe amps out there is the Marshall Class 5. Its $400 new but sounds incredible!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              As stated in the topic... "Why this?"

Why that? :ROTF:
              Because!!
              0 Friends

Originally posted by devreaux View Post
              okay, well it's not really about the amps i've mentioned, my question is more about the price range.

my question is, how can the 6505 be so good? how can other amps that cost more than the 6505 be worse, or better? how does it come that some manufacturers make good amps over 1000$ and bad amps under 1000$? why do you have to pay more for a good amp from a specific manufacturer and less from another and get the same thing?
              you could ask the same question about guitars, cars, clothes, anything you care to think of. Why can some manufacturers offer a better ________ for less? It can be a range of factors, from place of manufacture to where they source their parts/components/materials to your subjective opinion of what is "better". What makes the 6505 better than those other amps? Many people would opine that it is not.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X