No announcement yet.

Soldano fans - Atomic 16 vs Astroverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have a SLO 100 and an atomic 16, I love the mids in the atomic, they seem to just sing glorious overtones. I plug it into a 1960 quad with vintage 30's, and I think I like it better than my SLO ( it's the sexy mids ), valve wise I'm running 12ax7WA Sylvania nos pre amp, and RCA smooth plate yugaslavian el84's, in my SLO I'm running 12ax7 (pre WA 12ax7, late 50's tubes and winged c 6L6 power tubes ) both Sylvania valves are grown on the same tree IMHO. Both amps are truly amazing in there own right, I use a lehle sgos amp switcher so I can run these both together for my overdrive tones ( makes me very happy), I have completely bypass the shitty volume pots on the lehle ( the are crap ), any way the atomic 16 is a rocking beast, I want another one. It loves driving my quads at 7 or 8 on the master

Comment

i've played an atomic 16 and agree that the jet city 20 sounds very similar at a third of the price. The amp doesn't have a ton of gain, less than a marshall jcm 800 imo. They do sound good with a distortion/od/boost pedal in front of the amp. Not worth the price tag, I would go with a jet city 20 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by data187 View Post
        i've played an atomic 16 and agree that the jet city 20 sounds very similar at a third of the price. The amp doesn't have a ton of gain, less than a marshall jcm 800 imo. They do sound good with a distortion/od/boost pedal in front of the amp. Not worth the price tag, I would go with a jet city 20 instead.

Old thread but.... if it was me. I would go for the JCA20H if you want the Atomic 16 without the price. If you need reverb... get the Astroverb. All 3 are basically the same amp. Build quality is even similar. All 3 need a pedal for metal. I like my JCA20H. I think it has a lot of character.

Comment

Working...
        X