New amp day: BOGNER SHIVA combo EL34 1X12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp day: BOGNER SHIVA combo EL34 1X12

well, after my exhuasting search for an SL2H, I scrapped that plan and went for an amp instead. I picked up a nice Bogner Shiva EL34 combo, the newer version. Damn nice amp. extremely well built. high quality. its a tone machine. Its got its own thing goin on, but its basically a modded marshall sound. its along the lines of a splawn QR. channel 3 of my Mesa roadking also shares some tonal territory with it too. Very cool amp. its heavier than a bastard though. I need to get a friggin hand truck dollly to move it around as its so damn bulky. its 71 lbs, but big and bulky. If your in the market for a damn nice combo amp, its one you should check out. I took a chance and bought it on ebay used, and I scored well. this baby is super minty clean, and its a tone machine supreme.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Congrats. I think the same thing is about to happen with me - given up looking for another Warrior, and I'm now looking into buying an amp too.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

What do these retail for? I like the idea of a ported 12" combo.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        What do these retail for? I like the idea of a ported 12" combo.
        New ones go for around $2700 I think. I paid $1400 for this one.

Comment

and I need to correct myself, its 78 lbs. not 71.

and this one has the Vintage 30 speaker. the standard speaker is the classic 80, but Bogner will install a vintage 30 upon special request when you order it. this amp was special ordered with it by the original owner.

Comment

Good score for 1400 damn, it looks pretty minty.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              Good score for 1400 damn, it looks pretty minty.
              thanks. I looked alot before I bought. I found a seller that I was comfortable with after talking to him and it really was mint so I made an offer on it.

Comment

Killer amps...nice score!

Comment

Very killer amp. What is the total power output on this amp? I bought a Soldano Astroverb 1x12 and have been very happy with it. I was skeptical of the 20 watts, but it gets plenty loud.
                  http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

Is that the 80W amp? Love the almost vintage look on those.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Yes, this is the EL34 version, its 80 watts. friggin loud. it will melt your ears off if you want it to.

the 6L6 is 60 watts.

damn nice amp, I played it more last night, I dialed it in really quickly. its really got alot of modded marshall character. only drawback is, its 78 lbs. I need to buy a hand cart to move it.

Comment

That's why I got rid of my Mark V... Too fucking heavy.

Now I have... Another Mark V. But it's a head and a 2x12". The recto 2x12 is still a good deal lighter than the Mark V combo was.

Glad you are digging your new amp, though, nothing like a great amp to give your playing a kick in the ass.

Comment

Thats a damn fine amp bro but entirely too heavy unless you intend on leaving it home.
                          Amps that heavy should come with roadies.

Comment

I just got done playing the Shiva some more. damn.....its a great amp. was playing some Whitesnake stuff and some ZZ Top. its got the goods for both of those style tones.

I agree on the weight. I dont gig, so I am OK with it. I rarely play live, so when I do I have friends help haul my stuff. but a hand truck for $60 would be a damn nice tool for hauling it up the basement stairs. My mesa roadking is 106 lbs, and the roadcase I have for it is 55 lbs, so that is a major move when you have to haul a 161 lb case up the stairs. without a doubt its a 2 man project. the 4 in casters are my friend.

I have always wanted a Mark I or now a mark V. perhaps some day in the future. not in a hurry to get one.

Comment

congratulations...I love the Shiva, great combo. A friend of mine has an older 6L6 version, sweet amp. I'd liek to have a Shiva some day but 101B covers my Bogner stuff
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X