Just scored a Lexicon MPX G2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored a Lexicon MPX G2

My Rocktron Intellifex has always been a fight to get something good out of it.

So when browsing the 2hand net over here I found and landed myself a Lexicon MPX G2.

"Well,... We're not in Kansas anymore"

I certainly am glad that it has configurable FX routing.
    It's one feature I loved on my little Boss GX-700 and to make most out of it ofcourse wired it wraparound my Randall RM4 (4-cable method it's called I believe?).

I can't really give an honest opinion just yet, since it goes a little 'deeper' then the Rocktron.
    (And I'll probably will never use more than half of it's features)

But my first ventures already gave me some cool sounds and configurations,
    even when just whirling around the parameter knob in a blank patch I already achieved an 'okay' and usable reverb.
    (What I usually have to settle with with the Rocktron after an hour of tweaking)
    And luckily I found a usable speaker simulator to finally retire the FX returns of my Rocktron Piranha.

The only thing I found, was that it isn't the fastest program switcher, seeing it's generation (and original price) one would expect that,
    but when I looked at the general FX construction and inbedded features, keeping in mind chip and computertechnology at the time, it's actually not that odd.
    It certainly isn't like there is a 1 second gap, and patch volume differences can make it look worse than it actually turns out.

...now to see if I can make some more sense out of that manual.
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Been looking for a midi controllable cheap rack effects unit to use with my RM100. The line/instrument level loop thing is getting a bit annoying now.. Should I add this one to the "watch for" list?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Well, for live use it may be a better choice to look at something else, not only is it a chore to tweak on the fly
      you may want (need) to add a CC capable midipedal with it, internal FX on/off/realtime controlled is the key, but program changes on the fly is not it's strength

For the money you could score a G-major still with warranty, the G2 isn't supported by lexicon anymore and bios batteries are beginning to wear out

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

If you have the midi pedal that goes with it instead of doing program changes within a song you can morph between A/B within a patch with it, that's what i did it with the mpx1.
        Setting up patches is not easy at first, but once you get the hang of the interface it's actually not too bad, it's just deep, takes getting used too.

Comment

yeah, a lot of things seem possible

Have a problem with going from rhythm channel to lead on the amp and kicking in an added delay with that.
          problem is, switching back it cut off the delay (cc58 -lead channel on amp and set to switch delay on, cc57 rhythm channel and Delay off)
          Now thinking about making a parallel fx routing that holds a volume effect and the delay, using cc58 to mute the volume effect before the delay

This thing has got me thinking out of the box

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
          X