Crate blue voodoo bv120h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate blue voodoo bv120h

hey i have a chance to get a crate blue voodoo bv120h head for $300,i am going for a megadeth type sound with some nice gain,this is the original black one that was made in the united states,anyone have experience with these?
    thanks in advance

Im sure they cant all sound bad, though the one I had experience with sounded like garbage. For $300, you could get rid of it at that price too, worth a shot maybe.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I agree, it wouldn't be hard to sell if you didn't like it. Sounds like a good deal to me.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Didn't Marty Friedman use these at some point?
        I like EL34s.

Comment

or i could get a peavey vypyr 60 which im thinking would be better

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
            Didn't Marty Friedman use these at some point?
            I believe he did around the Youthenasia days.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake View Post
              or i could get a peavey vypyr 60 which im thinking would be better

Sorry, but no way. The vypyrs are notorious for freezing up, and the Blue Voodoo has a reputation for being a great head at a great price.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Good friend had one and I never liked it...neither did he. It would only sound good if you goosed the crap out of the front end with something REALLY hot. May have just been his though. Can't really go wrong for 300.00!

Comment

alright haha i also have a isp decimater a dime distortion and a mxr distortion 3 that could boost it,and besides how bad could it be,im running a 10 watt solid state academy amp and the tone isnt bad,i like my tone to come from my fingers haha
                  Last edited by beefcake; 02-23-2011, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Someone said blue doodoo?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Someone said blue doodoo?
                      I was waiting for you DonP!!!

I have one that I really do like. Here is the key..... ready??.... PUT AN EQ IN THE LOOP!!!! It is a 200% necessity!!! I don't think it needs anything out front myself. Just EQ in the loop. And I also like a chorus in the loop for shimmery cleans..

Also, just to throw it out there, Now that I have my RM100, I've been trying to sell mine locally all the way down to $225 and still can't get it gone. So don't buy thinking you can sell it off if you don't like it. They have a bad rap.... All because of DonP...
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Im going back and forth with threads here but Marty had the 300 watt versions...not sure if they sound diff.. but the one i owned was a 120 watt....and it sucked...and i played one at a guitar center 120 watt and it was ok...maybe they are just hit and miss...i dunno.

Comment

I saw Poisen and I think CC Deville was using them live. His tone was excellent. He was tweaking them during the gig. They were on the side of the stage so I know he was using them.
                          Solid tone and virtually bullet proof. They are a tough sell used though because there are so many around. Its a VERY popular amp. The Vypyr would not be better in any respect.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake View Post
                            alright haha i also have a isp decimater a dime distortion and a mxr distortion 3 that could boost it,and besides how bad could it be,im running a 10 watt solid state academy amp and the tone isnt bad,i like my tone to come from my fingers haha
                            Distortions don't boost. Period.
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                              Distortions don't boost. Period.
                              lol...that would be an overdrive...
                              a dist. will just sound like a bunch of pissed off bee's....and no note clarity...
                              but the ISP Decimator....is a great pedal...

Comment

Working...
                              X