• Show
Clear All

• Guitar effects 5 pedal 9 volt AC adapter

Have any of you guys used one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-effects-5...item563e87f33e

Pro and Cons?
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

I haven't used that one in particular (I use a Godlyke powerall) but I have 2 Biyang pedals and IMO the quality and sound is great. So I would have no problem trying out their other stuff.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Biyang is a relatively old power supply manufacturing company so to a degree reliability (with a caveat) will probably be okay. The caveat is you have to check the max current the supply can provide (400ma) vesus what your pedals draw. A standard Boss PSA adapter provides 200ma so if you hang 5 200ma pedals off that thing you are looking at a overheat/blown fuse/melted adapter. I believe the "average" pedal probably draws under/around 100ma so I wouldn't feel comfortable using that to power more than 4.

I would recommend going with a power supply designed for the job like a Voodoo Lab pedal power, Gator G-bus, etc...
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I would ask about it just to make sure but it says 400ma x5, should mean 2000ma which is what my Godlyke is and that would be fine for a bunch of pedals.

Comment

Trying to power a Dunlop CFH Wah, Rocktron Hush and a BBE Sonic Stomp...

I have been looking at the Voodoo and Dunlop Block but I just can't spend that much...
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

This one here? http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...Kit?sku=150470
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

That one will not have any current issues. Shared power bus means that if one pedal creates noise over the power then all the pedals will get it. Thats why the more expensive products offer isolated outputs.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

^^ Hellbats on the money with that description.. I haven't had any problems at all but who knows. Also, I can't power my 18V EQ with it. Check the ratings for the pedals you want to run.

Comment

Check the pedal specs. Most Boss pedals draw between 4 and 15 MA per pedal. Add up the total draw from the 5 pedals and if its under the max output of the power supply you are good to go.

MrHiwatt
                  Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                  RR1 Black
                  RR1 Blue ghost flames
                  Stealth EX
                  Hamer Studio
                  Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                    Have any of you guys used one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-effects-5...item563e87f33e

Pro and Cons?
                    I have, use and LOVE all of my Biyang pedals. I talked about them here on the JCF and a only a few folks seemed kind of warm to them...the rest of you guys are GEAR SNOBS!!!!
                    I have 4 different Biyang pedals and they all excel in what they do.
                    Now that power supply you posted about....pure shit. It is a huge hiss maker. There are MUCH better options out there, I went with the One-spot, but there are more than a few to choose from.
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Well I found a 9volt 600mA transformer with the right outlet size and also found 2 others that were just sitting around... So I spliced the wires to reverse the polarity and soldered all of the wires together and saved some money... she ain't pretty but no hum and works great!!!

The tape I used is nylon... why did I not just use the three I found... well because the other two transformers were 12 volts
                      sigpic
                      Action Jackson

Comment

Heres what I use:

And this:
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
                        X