Recommend me a clean boost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a clean boost.

I just picked up an EH nano series LPB-1 for use as a solo boost in the loop but man it colors the sound badly. It's almost like a half cocked wah when I step on it. I've heard good things about the BBE boosta grande. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Hellbat; 02-27-2011, 02:29 AM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

MI Audio Boost n' Buff

I have the v2 with Rising Sun graphic. The v3 in the video has a new feature, a gain knob
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Ah, I have a local dealer that stocks this line, I'll have to check it out, thanks.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Go to Radio Shack and pick up an LM386 chip. It's an amp on a chip. It takes next to no additional components to wire up. Cost maybe a dollar or two.

Comment

i have used a boss hyper-fuzz for...probably 15 years now? it has a clean boost function that i LOVE. so aside from the 2 types of fuzz you get, there is 2 band eq and the clean boost. sounds great too!!!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Fulltone OCD. It's an OD, but does a great transparant boost too.One of the best pedals I have ever owned...
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

MXR/CAE... Don't bother with the one with OD.

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                Fulltone OCD. It's an OD, but does a great transparant boost too.One of the best pedals I have ever owned...
                The other guitarist in my band uses one of these, I'll have to borrow his at the end of next practice to try it out.

@chrisolson - I had a brief look at that one on the web as well. It intrigues me for sure. I'm assuming you mean this one... http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/mc401-boostline-driver

I'm also considering a keeley katana.

Basically I am looking for a boost that colors the sound as little as possible since it's purely for a 5-10db solo boost.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Keeley katana boost
                  This space for rent

Comment

Xotic
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

I'm getting ready to add a EMG PA2 to a project guitar of mine. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Check out the Keeley Katana.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          MXR/CAE... Don't bother with the one with OD.
                          +1. I did have the MC402 boost/OD version, but the OD on that did not sound that great. The MC401 OD/line driver by itself would be all that's needed.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I picked up a MC-401 at the local shop today. They had a used one so I saved twenty bucks. I'll give her a go at the Slaad cave (practice garage ) this Saturday and report back here as to how it goes.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              @chrisolson - I had a brief look at that one on the web as well. It intrigues me for sure. I'm assuming you mean this one... http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/mc401-boostline-driver
                              That's the one!

Comment

Working...
                              X